Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Right. That's what I did. So, USB tab in Hackintool looks exactly the same as with USBports.kext when I use the 2 USBInjectAll.kexts.

So I should get rid of XHC3 SSP1 and SSP2, because these are controlled by the TB kext, and I can also get rid of XHC HS12 because I don't use it.
I do this by hitting the - sign in Hackintool and then I should save a SSDT-UIAC.aml to EFI/Clover/ACPI as a replacement for the current SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-V7?

No need to clear NVRAM or clear caches?

1657390976173.png

Right. That's what I did. So, USB tab in Hackintool looks exactly the same as with USBports.kext when I use the 2 USBInjectAll.kexts.

So I should get rid of XHC3 SSP1 and SSP2, because these are controlled by the TB kext, and I can also get rid of XHC HS12 because I don't use it.
I do this by hitting the - sign in Hackintool and then I should save a SSDT-UIAC.aml to EFI/Clover/ACPI as a replacement for the current SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-V7?

No need to clear NVRAM or clear caches?

View attachment 550914
Are you sure the two screenshots look the same? :)

I spotted about 6 differences.

Are you sure the two screenshots look the same? :)

I spotted about 6 differences.
That's because I didn't use the broom before the first screenshot.
And HS03-HS06 are marked as USB3. These should be USB2, I think? SS is USB3.

Thanks for the help, I am trying to understand this.

I opened up SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-V7, and that's definitely not the USB port
definition that is used on my hack.

Well, maybe it is after all? Strange.

Last edited:
Hm. In SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-V7.aml this is extra:

If (_OSI ("Darwin"))
{
Device (_SB.USBX)
{
Name (_ADR, Zero) // _ADR: Address
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized) // _DSM: Device-Specific Method
{
If (LNot (Arg2))
{
Return (Buffer (One)
{
0x03
})
}

Return (Package (0x08)
{
"kUSBSleepPortCurrentLimit",
0x0834,
"kUSBSleepPowerSupply",
0x13EC,
"kUSBWakePortCurrentLimit",
0x0834,
"kUSBWakePowerSupply",
0x13EC
})
}
}

I don't see this part in the Hackintool generated SSDT-UIAC.aml. This is not something taking care of by EC.aml?

And some other small changes 'XHC' instead of "8086_a36d" Symbolic name vs constant?

I also don't understand the use of Zero while the rest of the values are hexadecimal, eg 0xff...

0x0 or 0x00 is bad?

That's because I didn't use the broom before the first screenshot.
And HS03-HS06 are marked as USB3. These should be USB2, I think? SS is USB3.

Thanks for the help, I am trying to understand this.
Any blue, red or yellow USB port is always type 3, so HS03 through HS06 are correctly marked as type 3.

In the Post Installation forum there are a couple of guides for doing port mapping.

But the port mapping for this board is already done via USBInjectAll.

@CaseySJ how you doing my friend, first of all, thanks again for everything you do for the community. I just want to say that you had helped me before and once again I'm in the need of your expertise, lol, sorry about that.

I have done this exact setup before but for some reason it won't work on this one :banghead:

z390 Designare + 9900k + Nvidia 710
I have all my usb mapped
usb-c work fine, however, I have a Thunderbolt device plug in and it doesn't want to recognize it :banghead:

can you take a look to my EFI and the IO Reg please. I have a feeling that is something small, but I don't get to find it. Thanks

@CaseySJ how you doing my friend, first of all, thanks again for everything you do for the community. I just want to say that you had helped me before and once again I'm in the need of your expertise, lol, sorry about that.

I have done this exact setup before but for some reason it won't work on this one :banghead:

z390 Designare + 9900k + Nvidia 710
I have all my usb mapped
usb-c work fine, however, I have a Thunderbolt device plug in and it doesn't want to recognize it :banghead:

can you take a look to my EFI and the IO Reg please. I have a feeling that is something small, but I don't get to find it. Thanks
Hello @Perdomo15,

Sure, let’s see if we can tackle this problem. Some questions/comments:
  • Which version of macOS are you running?
  • What is the make/model of the Thunderbolt device?
  • In BIOS Setup —> Thunderbolt, try setting Thunderbolt Boot Support to Boot Once.
  • Which version of BIOS is installed?
  • When did this problem first occur?

Hello @Perdomo15,

Sure, let’s see if we can tackle this problem. Some questions/comments:
  • Which version of macOS are you running?
  • What is the make/model of the Thunderbolt device?
  • In BIOS Setup —> Thunderbolt, try setting Thunderbolt Boot Support to Boot Once.
  • Which version of BIOS is installed?
  • When did this problem first occur?
Big Sur 11.6.7
UAD Apollo FireWire Silver Rack With Thunderbolt 2 Option Card
Bios F9J
This is my first time trying this setup.
UPDATE: It does recognize my Apollo Twin Thunderbolt 2 but not the rack.

I AM USING Apple USB-C to Thunderbolt 2 adapter (TB3 to TB2)

Back