Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Hello,
I have to sign a document using Adobe Acrobat Pro but it does not work on my Hackintosh.
When I should have a pop-up window allowing me to chose my certificate, I have a black window with nothing in it.
Every other Adobe programs are working great.
Does anyone already encounter this problem ?

** Custom BIOS F9i with Latest Intel Micro Code 0xEC and Intel ME Security Fixes **
Credit: @Elias64Fr

WARNING:
Please install BIOS F9i OFFICIAL version before installing this one
If you are already running BIOS F9i, then you may install the new BIOS directly

Double Warning:
YOU MUST BE RUNNING BIOS F9i (official version) BEFORE PROCEEDING. IF YOU FAIL TO MEET THIS CRITERIA, YOUR MOTHERBOARD WILL NOT BOOT.​
Hi Casey,

I already have installed BIOS F9i 0xEA version of the microcode. Can I install F9i 0xEC BIOS directly onto this? or do I need to revert to F9i Official?

Thanks for your instructions, its just they were not specific to this dilemma :)

Hi Casey,

I already have installed BIOS F9i 0xEA version of the microcode. Can I install F9i 0xEC BIOS directly onto this? or do I need to revert to F9i Official?

Thanks for your instructions, its just they were not specific to this dilemma :)
Hello @Daranski,

If the existing BIOS F9i on your motherboard is the official version (i.e. it was not modified by any one of us here on Tonymac) then it is okay to install our modified version.

Hello @Daranski,

If the existing BIOS F9i on your motherboard is the official version (i.e. it was not modified by any one of us here on Tonymac) then it is okay to install our modified version.
Can I simply flash the BIOS back to F9i from modified F9i 0xEA using the standard procedure via the BIOS screen?

@CaseySJ As always, I have gotten myself into some trouble - should really have just purchased the same hardware as you. Had my i9-9900K Z390 Aurous Xtreme system running fine but have now updated to Monterrey and lost 10Gbe given the aquantia issues and have also installed an OEM AMD 6900xt that I need to adjust my config.plist for. I wanted to take advantage of the recent OpenCore release to get everything updated.

Edited to reflect that I was able to get my config.plist working for the 10gbe aquantia and for my 6900xt, but I am never certain if I have the right set up to take advantage of the iGPU and 6900xt. Would you mind taking a look at the config.plist to make sure no stupid mistakes. Thank you.

Greg

Last edited:
@CaseySJ As always, I have gotten myself into some trouble - should really have just purchased the same hardware as you. Had my i9-9900K Z390 Aurous Xtreme system running fine but have now updated to Monterrey and lost 10Gbe given the aquantia issues and have also installed an OEM AMD 6900xt that I need to adjust my config.plist for. I wanted to take advantage of the recent OpenCore release to get everything updated.

Edited to reflect that I was able to get my config.plist working for the 10gbe aquantia and for my 6900xt, but I am never certain if I have the right set up to take advantage of the iGPU and 6900xt. Would you mind taking a look at the config.plist to make sure no stupid mistakes. Thank you.

Greg
Some comments:
Screen Shot 2022-07-05 at 11.28.19 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-07-05 at 11.22.31 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-07-05 at 11.24.00 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-07-05 at 11.25.53 AM.png

Thank you - So I have two Thunderbolt ports on the computer but I am not certain if there are two separate controllers in there. I believe I received both of those files from you. Any thoughts on which one to leave enabled? Thanks so much.
The motherboard has one controller. Do you also have a Thunderbolt PCIe card installed in one of the slots?

Simply run IORegistryExplorer and see if Thunderbolt is attached to RP01, RP05, or any other RPxx port. On the Z390 Designare, the built-in controller is on RP05.

Back