Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

The problem is that ACPI —> Delete section is empty. We need to delete the original DMAR table as described in the top half of this post:
It is empty because I deleted the DMAR table by selecting it and hitting the minus button in the delete section. That's not how you use it?

It is empty because I deleted the DMAR table by selecting it and hitting the minus button in the delete section. That's not how you use it?
Nope!! :)

We need to insert an entry there (ACPI —> Delete) for DMAR. That tells OpenCore to delete the original table. The modified table (ACPI —> Add) will not be injected if the original one is not deleted.

We can also refer to @jiffyslot’s second screenshot couple of posts above this one.

Right. It's setting a parameter, it's not something that has to be deleted. Meanwhile, I have adjusted my settings and now my network ports work. Thanks for the help!

In Big Sur, everything was/is OK, but I lose my i211 networkport when I boot into my Monterey test SSD.
I hope this VT-d thing will fix this and the Apple driver will attach properly to the port.

Hi @CaseySJ. I had to have a perfect EFIi for Catalina. But for a long time I did not use my PC as hackintosh. Now I'm trying to install Monterey but can't get to OpenCore screen. It always reboots to BIOS. What I have tried;

1- My working EFI for Catalina (obviously not working)
2- Replacing OpenCore files with updated ones. (not working)
3- A new EFI created by OC Gen X. (not working)
4- A new config.plist created by Proper Tree.

I'm on BIOS F9 (without letter) now. And, when I was on Catalina, I was using Intel GPU. Now I want to use MSI Gaming Trio X 6900 XT (it should be XTX variant I think). I tried with iGPU, too, but it did not work, too.

Do you have an advice for me?

Hi @CaseySJ. I had to have a perfect EFIi for Catalina. But for a long time I did not use my PC as hackintosh. Now I'm trying to install Monterey but can't get to OpenCore screen. It always reboots to BIOS. What I have tried;

1- My working EFI for Catalina (obviously not working)
2- Replacing OpenCore files with updated ones. (not working)
3- A new EFI created by OC Gen X. (not working)
4- A new config.plist created by Proper Tree.

I'm on BIOS F9 (without letter) now. And, when I was on Catalina, I was using Intel GPU. Now I want to use MSI Gaming Trio X 6900 XT (it should be XTX variant I think). I tried with iGPU, too, but it did not work, too.

Do you have an advice for me?
Some questions:
  • Are you able to boot into Catalina?
  • When you say you're "trying to install Monterey", does this mean you created a brand new USB install disk for Monterey?
    • Or does this mean you actually booted into Catalina and you are trying to install Monterey from System Preferences --> Software Update?
  • If you have created a brand new USB install disk for Monterey, did you first format the USB flash disk in macOS Disk Utility with:
    • Format = MacOS Extended (Journaled)
    • Scheme = GUID Partition Map
  • If so, please compress and post the EFI folder from the USB install disk, but remove serial numbers from PlatformInfo section of config.plist
  • If Windows is installed on the computer, please launch Windows and run an app such as HWINFO64. We can use this app to determine the Device ID (DID) of the AMD RX 6900 XTX. If the device ID is not 0x73BF, then we have to create a DeviceProperty in config.plist to change the Device ID to 0x73BF.

Some questions:
  • Are you able to boot into Catalina?
  • When you say you're "trying to install Monterey", does this mean you created a brand new USB install disk for Monterey?
    • Or does this mean you actually booted into Catalina and you are trying to install Monterey from System Preferences --> Software Update?
  • If you have created a brand new USB install disk for Monterey, did you first format the USB flash disk in macOS Disk Utility with:
    • Format = MacOS Extended (Journaled)
    • Scheme = GUID Partition Map
  • If so, please compress and post the EFI folder from the USB install disk, but remove serial numbers from PlatformInfo section of config.plist
  • If Windows is installed on the computer, please launch Windows and run an app such as HWINFO64. We can use this app to determine the Device ID (DID) of the AMD RX 6900 XTX. If the device ID is not 0x73BF, then we have to create a DeviceProperty in config.plist to change the Device ID to 0x73BF.
  • I did not try to neither install nor boot into Catalina. I wanted to mention Catalina because I had a fully functional install on it long time ago. The only differences are, BIOS version and 6900 XT.
  • I created brand new USB install disk on a real Intel Mac by the createinstallmedia command. I also installed macOS on an external drive on real Mac and put EFI folder into its EFI partition.
  • I checked 6900 XT device id and its 0x73BF
  • By the way i want to boot to macOS from an external drive as I used to do.
  • Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Catalina EFI.zip
    13.8 MB · Views: 30
Last edited:
  • I did not try to neither install nor boot into Catalina. I wanted to mention Catalina because I had a fully functional install on it long time ago. The only differences are, BIOS version and 6900 XT.
  • I created brand new USB install disk on a real Intel Mac by the createinstallmedia command. I also installed macOS on an external drive on real Mac and put EFI folder into its EFI partition.
  • I checked 6900 XT device id and its 0x73BF
  • By the way i want to boot to macOS from an external drive as I used to do.
  • Thanks in advance.
I have been trying everything for 15 hours or more, but this time it turned out to be a joke. I tried a lot of EFI folders, a lot of config files, a lot of OpenCore versions, etc. I never saw anything but BIOS all the time. Always reboots to BIOS. I even tried flashing BIOS again. Never see OpenCore ever. Selecting an OpenCore installed disk immediately ends up in BIOS.

I have been trying everything for 15 hours or more, but this time it turned out to be a joke. I tried a lot of EFI folders, a lot of config files, a lot of OpenCore versions, etc. I never saw anything but BIOS all the time. Always reboots to BIOS. I even tried flashing BIOS again. Never see OpenCore ever. Selecting an OpenCore installed disk immediately ends up in BIOS.
Please see the mini-guide below, which is for Big Sur, but applies to Monterey as well (just mentally replace all references to Big Sur with Monterey):
Post 1 provides BIOS settings. We recommend F9g and F9i. However, it should be possible to install macOS with BIOS F9, but Thunderbolt ports may not hot-plug.

Back