Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

hello CaseySJ ,Is this code correct?My Thunderbolt3 interface is still not hotplug, looking for guidance, thank you.
Have you included SSDT-DTPG.aml beside your Thunderbolt SSDT ?

Last edited:
Have you included SSDT-DSDT.aml beside your Thunderbolt SSDT ?
Hi:Inqnuam
No, I just followed the tutorial, put in the SSDT-DTPG from the attachment, and downloaded the SSDT from HackinDROM and loaded it...
SSDT.png

By the way, usb devices can not work on Thunderbolt3 prot?
Thanks for your help Inqnuam

Hi, I went to do a fresh install of monterey, everything went well, there were no errors.
But, when it ends, instead of asking me to register a user, etc. It simply enters a screen asking for a user and password..
I had never seen this, because the normal thing is to enter the screens and go configuring, parents, user, etc.
What can it be ?

Have you included SSDT-DSDT.aml beside your Thunderbolt SSDT ?
I saw this information on HackinDROM,ASRock is rp21, but the code is rp05, and contains GIGABYTE's information,ASRock's chip is Intel JHL6540,So I'm not sure that information is correct
WX20220520-223559@2x.png1653057406281.jpg

Just did the 12.4 update myself and no issues with wired ethernet. I did do the new driver a few updates back.
Alright, will check the new Smalltree driver this weekend. I understood some of the Z390 Desi owners had success with the Apple driver in 12.4 or thereabouts.

hello CaseySJ ,Is this code correct?My Thunderbolt3 interface is still not hotplug, looking for guidance, thank you.
Some questions:
  • Which motherboard is this for?
  • Are you using on-board Thunderbolt or a Thunderbolt add-in-card?
  • If using add-in-card, which one is it? Gigabyte GC-Titan Ridge?
  • Please run IORegistryExplorer and post the IOReg file (File --> Save As...).

Some questions:
  • Which motherboard is this for?
  • Are you using on-board Thunderbolt or a Thunderbolt add-in-card?
  • If using add-in-card, which one is it? Gigabyte GC-Titan Ridge?
  • Please run IORegistryExplorer and post the IOReg file (File --> Save As...).
1、I'm using ASRock Phantom Gaming-ITX/AC
2、On-board Thunderbolt3,on-board chip is Intel JHL6540 Alpine Ridge?
3、When I was using ASROCK_Z390_ITX_NVM20_MOD-Elias64Fr .bin, saving the BIOS would freeze(BIOS4.40C)
4、For USB devices, I have flashed back the Thunderbolt3 20.0 original firmware and used the SSDT method to load it. The motherboard is 4.40c modified BIOS.
5、I ‘m not sure if there was something wrong with the Thunderbolt3 cables. I bought new ones to determine what was wrong and they were still on the way.
Thanks CaseySJ

By the way, I want to confirm that ASRock z390 hackinDROM uses
“ External (_SB_. PCI0. RP05, DeviceObj)
External (_SB_. PCI0. RP05. PXSX, DeviceObj) ”
can make JHL6540 work properly?

Back