Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Thanks Casey, none of the other chips seem to meet the criteria either, they are all flat down on the board and smaller with no visible pins.
EDIT: Well, foot in mouth time. No idea why I didn’t see this before even though it’s what I was looking for.
Yes that’s the one (MXIC). On the side facing the dimple or dot (which indicates Pin 1) we can see 3 surface mount devices very close to the pins. This means attaching and detaching the SOIC clip must be done with extreme care and steady hands to avoid dislodging those SMDs.

Yes that’s the one (MXIC). On the side facing the dimple or dot (which indicates Pin 1) we can see 3 surface mount devices very close to the pins. This means attaching and detaching the SOIC clip must be done with extreme care and steady hands to avoid dislodging those SMDs.
Would that not be wonderful. Thanks Casey

This is where my sketchy sanding down the SOC Clip came in handy for me when transferring HDD firmware to a new board (long story).

Hello.
Never tried AppleTV at the computer.
But I tried today and it doesn't work.

I tried to look for a solution but it seems there are several solutions and causes...

What do you think could be the issue?

I currently have the 0.8.0 Opencore and all works fine. My system is a iMac19,1.
I'm not sure if that the origin of the error.
I read that changing to IMacPro 1,1 makes Apple TV work.

But if I change that directly at the config.plist file, will I have any other issue? Is AppStore working with a different product name (iMac19,1)?? I remember once that if I change the serial or something like that, the apple account info should not work...

Thank you
Fernando

Last edited:
Hello.
Never tried AppleTV at the computer.
But I tried today and it doesn't work.

I tried to look for a solution but it seems there are several solutions and causes...

What do you think could be the issue?

I currently have the 0.8.0 Opencore and all works fine.

Thank you
Fernando
If you're on Big Sur or Monterey and using iMac19,1 then it's likely that Apple's DRM-protected content (digital rights management) will not work. We can switch to MacPro7,1 or iMacPro1,1. However, just changing the system product name may cause some AppleID/iCloud warnings. It would be best to remove the existing system from your AppleID, then change system product name, and reboot.

If you're on Big Sur or Monterey and using iMac19,1 then it's likely that Apple's DRM-protected content (digital rights management) will not work. We can switch to MacPro7,1 or iMacPro1,1. However, just changing the system product name may cause some AppleID/iCloud warnings. It would be best to remove the existing system from your AppleID, then change system product name, and reboot.
Thank you Casey. So I was right...
Ummm. I think i'll live without AppleTV at the computer!.

I'm afraid removing the apple id should be terrible for Photos!. I have a big library, and perhaps it would erase it and will ask me for downloading all again...

I'll think about the consequences on removing the apple id!.
Thx

I think i'll live without AppleTV at the computer!.
If you buy a low cost Roku Express for streaming and plug it into an HDMI port on your monitor, problem solved.

Some Apple analysts are also saying they will come out with their own streaming stick soon to better compete with Amazon and Roku.

Screen Shot 3.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like you're using Clover instead of OpenCore. Have you considered upgrading to OpenCore?
Hi @CaseySJ I finally had a moment to upgrade to OpenCore (and upgrade the BIOS to version F9g). On the whole, the system is stable. But just as before on Clover, the CPU averages out at 10% usage, even under intense computing tasks.
I've attached the new EFI.
Please help.
Thanks!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    25.4 MB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Can somebody remind me how to flash the TB firmware on my Z390 in Windows? Just the latest official FW, not the ones that you need to flash via a Pi and a programmer.

I don't see a Z390 TB fw download on the GB site. Is it inside another package?
Would be curious to know if it’s possible too…

**Probably inside the main BIOS file?? Someone?

Back