Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

It was even worse in UAD v10. Protools couldn’t read the audio fast enough. I am still running Mojave for 32 bit apps.
Is there anything specific to enter in the Thunderbolt BIOS. I used the BIOS settings on the first page. I changed the Thunderbolt firmware on one of the Designares but they both seem to react the same. I might give Monterey a go but I need all Ethernet ports to work for Dante and Eucon .
I'm running Monterey now. There is a new Pro Tools update which is shockingly good. I removed my Eucon stuff (IDR which version) back when I was on Mojave because it was causing problems. I don't use any plugins within Pro Tools except for the VSL Server. All of the output busses go to the Virtual channels, and I only activate the Master Bus in Pro Tools when I mix down.

Attachments

• TB page 1.jpg
    TB page 1.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 54
  • TB page 2.jpg
    TB page 2.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 53
  • Screen Shot of UAD and PT setup.png
    Screen Shot of UAD and PT setup.png
    965.9 KB · Views: 49
I'm running Monterey now. There is a new Pro Tools update which is shockingly good. I removed my Eucon stuff (IDR which version) back when I was on Mojave because it was causing problems. I don't use any plugins within Pro Tools except for the VSL Server. All of the output busses go to the Virtual channels, and I only activate the Master Bus in Pro Tools when I mix down.

The PT update is so welcome. I've been mixing on it with Alder Lake/Monterey and its great.

Why no plugins in Pro Tools?

The PT update is so welcome. I've been mixing on it with Alder Lake/Monterey and its great.

Why no plugins in Pro Tools?
Tracking latency. I'll only add plugins when I'm ready to mix. 90% of everything I need is in the UAD Console. I always print my orchestra stems via the Virtual Channels (through a Unison pre (Neve 88RS) and send back into Pro Tools. I also print several reverb stems. To use Logic (Alchemy), I just sequence the parts I need, sync it to Pro Tools, and print that, too when I'm ready. BTW, It's the Daystrom Z370 that hosts the Vienna Ensemble Pro stuff.

Tracking latency. I'll only add plugins when I'm ready to mix. 90% of everything I need is in the UAD Console. I always print my orchestra stems via the Virtual Channels (through a Unison pre (Neve 88RS) and send back into Pro Tools. I also print several reverb stems. To use Logic (Alchemy), I just sequence the parts I need, sync it to Pro Tools, and print that, too when I'm ready. BTW, It's the Daystrom Z370 that hosts the Vienna Ensemble Pro stuff.
Got it! I use Console for tracking as well. Currently, I’m putting 2022.4 through its paces and its awesome. Onward!

So, I'm using Monterey 12.3.1 with OC 0.8.0 and a Universal Audio Apollo x8 with driver V10 and latest firmware. I'm using the flashed onboard Thunderbolt also.

Since this combination of updates happened, my Apollo gets random disconnects, garbled audio during what looks like coreaudio stressing out the the CPU, and hot-plugging no longer works reliably (maybe 20% of the time).

I’ve tried reverting back my UAD drivers to the previous version and flashed the older Apollo firmware back onto it, but I had the same issues. I also swapped out the thunderbolt cable, but that didn’t help either.

Anyone else dealing with this? Wondering if it's a UA driver issue, or a Monterey 12.3.1 issue, or an OC 0.8.0 issue, or any combo of these things I suppose.

So, I'm using Monterey 12.3.1 with OC 0.8.0 and a Universal Audio Apollo x8 with driver V10 and latest firmware. I'm using the flashed onboard Thunderbolt also.

Since this combination of updates happened, my Apollo gets random disconnects, garbled audio during what looks like coreaudio stressing out the the CPU, and hot-plugging no longer works reliably (maybe 20% of the time).

I’ve tried reverting back my UAD drivers to the previous version and flashed the older Apollo firmware back onto it, but I had the same issues. I also swapped out the thunderbolt cable, but that didn’t help either.

Anyone else dealing with this? Wondering if it's a UA driver issue, or a Monterey 12.3.1 issue, or an OC 0.8.0 issue, or any combo of these things I suppose.
My setup is not flashed, but I'm using Monterey 12.3.1 with OC 0.8.0 and a Universal Audio Apollo 8 (c2015 TB2 version.) I had some issues early on with UAD v10, so I used the UAD software removal tool/command and I reset the "Reset-UAD-Access-Control" command, and finally the hardware reset: https://help.uaudio.com/hc/en-us/articles/206132796-Apollo-8-Apollo-8p-Hardware-Reset

I reinstalled the v10 (and went through the whole setup) and everything is now working. I have the MacOS system sleep disabled.

Attachments

• UAD info.png
    UAD info.png
    291.3 KB · Views: 40
  • UAD config.png
    UAD config.png
    295.7 KB · Views: 36
  • Energy settings.png
    Energy settings.png
    58.7 KB · Views: 41
My setup is not flashed, but I'm using Monterey 12.3.1 with OC 0.8.0 and a Universal Audio Apollo 8 (c2015 TB2 version.) I had some issues early on with UAD v10, so I used the UAD software removal tool/command and I reset the "Reset-UAD-Access-Control" command, and finally the hardware reset: https://help.uaudio.com/hc/en-us/articles/206132796-Apollo-8-Apollo-8p-Hardware-Reset

I reinstalled the v10 (and went through the whole setup) and everything is now working. I have the MacOS system sleep disabled.
Interesting. I do see some unpredictable behavior using an x16 with a Twin. Occasionally mid session (haven't found the pattern just yet) the Twin will do a little hunt for the sample rate. It won't disconnect, but it does drop out and click away until lands back at the desired rate.

Good to know. Might try all of that. I actually did a hardware reset last night so will test today.

Interesting. I do see some unpredictable behavior using an x16 with a Twin. Occasionally mid session (haven't found the pattern just yet) the Twin will do a little hunt for the sample rate. It won't disconnect, but it does drop out and click away until lands back at the desired rate.
I think that may be happening to me also. Mine seems to lose sample rate and then disconnect completely - No relays clicking away. But when it comes back, the relays click in. Sometimes it just doesn’t come back and I need to reboot.

Back