Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Hey! Great!! I just checked and it's natively supported on 12.3.1 as well.

Wow - I hadn't checked after installing the updated SmallTree kext, but sure enough, I'm running 12.3.1 to, and it's using the same Apple driver, com.apple.DriverKit-AppleEthernetE1000.

I wonder why it's causing crashes for some of us, but not for @CaseySJ.

Does it mean we don't need additional kext for second Ethernet port at all?

Does it mean we don't need additional kext for second Ethernet port at all?
Correct. We need to disable the SmallTreeIntel kext in Monterey.

I have an OWC 10g Thunderbolt adapter and a UAD Thunderbolt Octo on two of my Designares. The UAD keeps disabling it’s processing after 5min. Something is not functioning correctly on my Thunderbolt. What would be the best way to check?
It would work fine with just the OWC 10G. The UAD works fine on a regular Mac

Need help with the Apple Music App as I am unable to play any song with it and it not doing anything . I am sharing more details and screenshot. not even a single song is getting played

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-04-26 at 19.23.10.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-26 at 19.23.10.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 49
Need help with the Apple Music App as I am unable to play any song with it and it not doing anything . I am sharing more details and screenshot. not even a single song is getting played
does system sounds work? also youtube etc?

Came to here to say that the new SmallTreeIntel driver seems unreliable with my system (system freeze after a few seconds when rj45 is connected) but it looks like I am not the only one.
Plus I see interesting things happening in here.
I am available tonight if tests are needed.

I have an OWC 10g Thunderbolt adapter and a UAD Thunderbolt Octo on two of my Designares. The UAD keeps disabling it’s processing after 5min. Something is not functioning correctly on my Thunderbolt. What would be the best way to check?
It would work fine with just the OWC 10G. The UAD works fine on a regular Mac
Which OS? If you're on Monterey, use UAD v10. There's also a firmware update.

Came to here to say that the new SmallTreeIntel driver seems unreliable with my system (system freeze after a few seconds when rj45 is connected) but it looks like I am not the only one.
Plus I see interesting things happening in here.
I am available tonight if tests are needed.
With Monterey 12.3.1 and newer we don’t need the SmallTreeIntel driver any longer. We can disable it in Kernel section of config.plist and reboot.

Which OS? If you're on Monterey, use UAD v10. There's also a firmware update.
It was even worse in UAD v10. Protools couldn’t read the audio fast enough. I am still running Mojave for 32 bit apps.
Is there anything specific to enter in the Thunderbolt BIOS. I used the BIOS settings on the first page. I changed the Thunderbolt firmware on one of the Designares but they both seem to react the same. I might give Monterey a go but I need all Ethernet ports to work for Dante and Eucon .

Back