Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

I upgraded OC 0.7.9 to 0.8.0. Per this post from @CaseySJ, I was hoping the updated SmallTree driver would get the top Ethernet port (en01) in my z390 Designare working again, but that didn't happen. (It was working fine in Mojave and Big Sur.)

In System Preferences, I added and deleted the port a couple of times, restarted the computer, and also tried renewing the DHCP lease. No change.

The port does appear in System Report > Ethernet devices.

Suggestions?

Attachments

• HackinDROM-report.png
    HackinDROM-report.png
    87.3 KB · Views: 49
** OpenCore 0.8.0 Upgrade Post Updated **

Please refer to the spoiler labeled Quick Reference to Mini-Guides and Micro-Guides at the top of Post 1 for a link to the updated OpenCore 0.8.0 upgrade guide, or click here.​

Screen Shot 2022-04-20 at 11.23.13 AM.png

** OpenCore 0.8.0 Upgrade Post Updated **

Please refer to the spoiler labeled Quick Reference to Mini-Guides and Micro-Guides at the top of Post 1 for a link to the updated OpenCore 0.8.0 upgrade guide, or click here.​

Regarding the new i211-V Ethernet driver.

We have to include the SmallTree-Intel-211-8259x kext in the ACPI folder, not in the kexts folder ?

My ACPI folder is in EFI/OC/ not in EFI/, did I miss something ?

We have to include the SmallTree-Intel-211-8259x kext in the ACPI folder, not in the kexts folder ?

Its a kext so in Kext folder, Casey made a mistake

Its a kext so in Kext folder, Casey made a mistake
I've fixed the mistake! Yes the kext should be copied to EFI/OC/Kexts folder.

I upgraded OC 0.7.9 to 0.8.0. Per this post from @CaseySJ, I was hoping the updated SmallTree driver would get the top Ethernet port (en01) in my z390 Designare working again, but that didn't happen. (It was working fine in Mojave and Big Sur.)

In System Preferences, I added and deleted the port a couple of times, restarted the computer, and also tried renewing the DHCP lease. No change.

The port does appear in System Report > Ethernet devices.

Suggestions?
Same here, but I had some Halt on Critical Error issues, too. So for now, I'm using the "generic" 080 update.
I had another question about a boot-arg patch for the RX580, but my post was removed.

Back