Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Hi guys,

This might be a dumb question but I can't find the answer elsewhere. Sorry for any typo or grammar errors as I am not a native speaker.

I upgraded from Big Sur (latest) to Monterey 12.3.1 today because I wanted to try the universal control feature. The upgrade went smoothly without problem. The system boots into the macOS correctly and everything works as before, including the universal control feature.

However, I noticed an OCS error shows up at the Gigabyte splash screen which reads: "OCS: No schema for ForceAquantiaEthernet at 10 index, context <Quirks>!" This bothers me.

I am currently at Opencore 0.7.9. I've tried to enable the ForceAquantiaEthernet option in the Kernel section. I made sure that DMAR ACPI table is not dropped, DisableIoMapper is disabled and VT-d is enabled in the bios. That did not make the OCS error go away. Can anyone help with it? Thank you very much for your help.

In case my system info is not showing up in signature section correctly, I will list it as follows:
CPU: i7 9700k
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Designare
GPU: MSI 6800XT

Hi there.

This problem is simply caused by a mis-match between the version of OpenCore you are using and the version for which the config.plist was written.

You can get a clearer indication by running the "ocvalidate" Terminal app with your config.plist. This app is located in the main OC archive - Utilities folder.

It will probably be just a syntax error in your key or data command.

(Also this can sometimes happen if you are using a version of OpenCore Configurator that was written before the OpenCore release, etc.).

All that needs to be done is to edit the config.plist to correct the error.

:thumbup:

Last edited:
Hi guys,

This might be a dumb question but I can't find the answer elsewhere. Sorry for any typo or grammar errors as I am not a native speaker.

I upgraded from Big Sur (latest) to Monterey 12.3.1 today because I wanted to try the universal control feature. The upgrade went smoothly without problem. The system boots into the macOS correctly and everything works as before, including the universal control feature.

However, I noticed an OCS error shows up at the Gigabyte splash screen which reads: "OCS: No schema for ForceAquantiaEthernet at 10 index, context <Quirks>!" This bothers me.

I am currently at Opencore 0.7.9. I've tried to enable the ForceAquantiaEthernet option in the Kernel section. I made sure that DMAR ACPI table is not dropped, DisableIoMapper is disabled and VT-d is enabled in the bios. That did not make the OCS error go away. Can anyone help with it? Thank you very much for your help.

In case my system info is not showing up in signature section correctly, I will list it as follows:
CPU: i7 9700k
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Designare
GPU: MSI 6800XT

Hello there @shanco !

Try this post here and I hope it helps you: How to fix OCS errors

Hi there.

This problem is simply caused by a mis-match between the version of OpenCore you are using and the version for which the config.plist was written.

You can get a clearer indication by running the "ocvalidate" Terminal app with your config.plist. This app is located in the main OC archive - Utilities folder.

It will probably be just a syntax error in your key or data command.

(Also this can sometimes happen if you are using a version of OpenCore Configurator that was written before the OpenCore release, etc.).

All that needs to be done is to edit the config.plist to correct the error.

:thumbup:

@UtterDisbelief

Thank you for pointing me to the right direction!
I couldn't run the ocvalidate app for some reasons so I used the OCConfigCompare to compare my config.plist to the latest Sample.plist, and found out what I was missing. The error messages are now gone! Again, thank you very much for your help!

** OpenCore 0.8.0 Released **

To upgrade to OpenCore 0.8.0 please follow the HackinDROM instructions located here:
However, do not use OpenCore Configurator 2.59.0.0 because it is not compatible with the release version of OpenCore 0.8.0. Instead, use OpenCore Configuration 2.60.0.0. After performing the upgrade with HackinDROM, no further changes or edits are needed.

Always keep a backup copy of previous OpenCore EFI folder in the EFI partition of a USB flash disk (for emergency boot).

Monterey Users:

The existing SmallTree-Intel-211-82576.kext for the Intel i211-V Ethernet port does not work in Monterey, but thanks to @gagaraz who found a newer version, the port works once again.

Procedure (see screenshot below):
  • Set MaxKernel to 20.99.99 in config.plist --> Kernel for SmallTree-Intel-211-82576.kext
  • Add an entry in the same Kernel section for SmallTree-Intel-211-8259x.kext
  • Set MinKernel to 21.0.0 for this new kext
  • Also copy the file (attached) to EFI/OC/Kexts folder in the EFI partition
Once you make this change, you will not need to make it again when next version of OpenCore is released.
Screen Shot 2022-04-20 at 11.17.28 AM.png

Attachments

• SmallTree-Intel-211-8259x.kext.zip
    95.9 KB · Views: 220
Last edited:
** OpenCore 0.8.0 Released **

To upgrade to OpenCore 0.8.0 please follow the HackinDROM instructions located here:
However, do not use OpenCore Configurator 2.59.0.0 because it is not compatible with the release version of OpenCore 0.8.0. After performing the upgrade with HackinDROM, no further changes or edits are needed.

Always keep a backup copy of previous OpenCore EFI folder in the EFI partition of a USB flash disk (for emergency boot).
Update not showing yet for me on 2.1.1

Back