Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Thanks BOTMT.
I don't not get the message as I am up-to-date.
I just noticed that MacOS was still on 12.1 after trying to download an app that requested 12.3.
If the update is still not appearing in System Preferences --> Software Update then set SecureBootModel to Disabled (instead of Default) and reboot:
Screen Shot 2022-04-15 at 1.26.22 PM.png

Might be a stupid question:

Is there a “universal” Gigabyte Titan ridge APPLE firmware that I can flash on my Titan Ridge card in my hack?

It seems to be hard to find, so I don’t know if it needs to be custom made, depending on the machine? No coding experience here :)

Ps. I have the TB card, and I have a flasher / USB device!

Might be a stupid question:

Is there a “universal” Gigabyte Titan ridge APPLE firmware that I can flash on my Titan Ridge card in my hack?

It seems to be hard to find, so I don’t know if it needs to be custom made, depending on the machine? No coding experience here :)

Ps. I have the TB card, and I have a flasher / USB device!

:)

I use NV33 for my GC-Titan card myself.

Hello all,

I've been trying to figure out how to get Apple TV to work on my Big Sur 11.6.5 Hack and I've hit a brick wall.

When I look in Hackintool, my VDA Decoder is: "Decoder Failed"

Can anyone make since of how to utilize this information found here:

DRM Compatibiity 10.15/11+

I'm looking for how to make use of this: "defaults write com.apple.AppleGVA gvaForceAMDKE -boolean yes"

Thanks!

What's your system definition? Do you plan to update to Monterey?

Below is my system info. No, I'm not going to Monterey anytime soon.

But I am planning to go to a Mac Studio Ultra in maybe three months, all going well. I actually had one for a couple of weeks... AMAZING!

Thank you for your help.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-04-16 at 9.57.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-16 at 9.57.09 PM.png
    94.5 KB · Views: 43
Hey... about this Touch ID on the Magic Keyboards - The keyboard is working via Bluetooth, but there is no selection in System Preferences for Touch ID. Any way of getting that to work?

And these new Magic Keyboards do NOT have the premium feeling keys and action of the older A1243 wired keyboards. Yeah really not digging this new stuff. Would be nice to get rid of this wire but... yeah I'm back to typing on the A1243 now and is SO much nicer.

Looking like I would be better off going with Logitech.

Hi guys,

This might be a dumb question but I can't find the answer elsewhere. Sorry for any typo or grammar errors as I am not a native speaker.

I upgraded from Big Sur (latest) to Monterey 12.3.1 today because I wanted to try the universal control feature. The upgrade went smoothly without problem. The system boots into the macOS correctly and everything works as before, including the universal control feature.

However, I noticed an OCS error shows up at the Gigabyte splash screen which reads: "OCS: No schema for ForceAquantiaEthernet at 10 index, context <Quirks>!" This bothers me.

I am currently at Opencore 0.7.9. I've tried to enable the ForceAquantiaEthernet option in the Kernel section. I made sure that DMAR ACPI table is not dropped, DisableIoMapper is disabled and VT-d is enabled in the bios. That did not make the OCS error go away. Can anyone help with it? Thank you very much for your help.

In case my system info is not showing up in signature section correctly, I will list it as follows:
CPU: i7 9700k
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Designare
GPU: MSI 6800XT

Back