Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

It may be necessary to disable AppleVTD. At the top of the Mini-Guide for OpenCore 0.7.8 is a section for Windows users. That section contains a link to instructions for enabling and disable AppleVTD. Try disabling AppleVTD to see if you can boot Windows through OpenCore.
That did the trick for me with the latest update. I use a saved "no VTD" BIOS profile when needed. Thanks Casey.

It may be necessary to disable AppleVTD. At the top of the Mini-Guide for OpenCore 0.7.8 is a section for Windows users. That section contains a link to instructions for enabling and disable AppleVTD. Try disabling AppleVTD to see if you can boot Windows through OpenCore.
Thank you for your help @CaseySJ

Alright, under ACPI --> Delete, there are NO entries at all. If I need to add something here, how do I do it? The other three requirements are met now.

This one is NOT listed:
ACPI --> Delete --> DMAR --> check off

Thank you.

Last edited:
Is anyone having issues in Monterey with the process "WindowServer" eating a lot of CPU, depending on the programs launched? Would switching to an iMP1,1 (iGPU deactivated) quell this problem? When I need to run Pro Tools, I've been using Big Sur until Avid or Apple fixes this.
Yes. I’ve had that exact issue come and go with different versions of Monterey and Opencore. Running a 5700xt.

Everything for me was running really smoothly on 12.2.1 and OC 0.7.8 and this issue was finally gone for me. After updating to 12.3.1 from 12.2.1 the issue is back for me, and I’ve had the same issue before with windowserver in Big Sur and even Catalina as well in multiple DAWs and video editing apps. It’s just a constant series of micro hangs/beach-balling when you’re clicking on, dragging, or interacting with any UI elements. It comes and goes randomly, which makes it difficult to figure out.

As soon as I booted after updating to 12.3.1 I noticed the graphics glitches I had had previously - Mac menu bar was opaque white, sometimes my wallpaper is off centre or cropped etc. Etc.

I thought it was many different things, but it seems to be related to that process. I should have stayed on 12.2.1 and OC 0.7.8 as it was totally solid for those few months.

I also can’t figure out if my igpu is running any longer after going to Monterey. It’s enabled in BIOS. I’m using the standard hackindrom OC release for this mobo and have the flashed tbolt rom. Are we supposed to do anything else to get the igpu going? I’m wonfpdwring if it’s related.

Yes. I’ve had that exact issue come and go with different versions of Monterey and Opencore. Running a 5700xt.

Everything for me was running really smoothly on 12.2.1 and OC 0.7.8 and this issue was finally gone for me. After updating to 12.3.1 from 12.2.1 the issue is back for me, and I’ve had the same issue before with windowserver in Big Sur and even Catalina as well in multiple DAWs and video editing apps. It’s just a constant series of micro hangs/beach-balling when you’re clicking on, dragging, or interacting with any UI elements. It comes and goes randomly, which makes it difficult to figure out.

As soon as I booted after updating to 12.3.1 I noticed the graphics glitches I had had previously - Mac menu bar was opaque white, sometimes my wallpaper is off centre or cropped etc. Etc.

I thought it was many different things, but it seems to be related to that process. I should have stayed on 12.2.1 and OC 0.7.8 as it was totally solid for those few months.

I also can’t figure out if my igpu is running any longer after going to Monterey. It’s enabled in BIOS. I’m using the standard hackindrom OC release for this mobo and have the flashed tbolt rom. Are we supposed to do anything else to get the igpu going? I’m wonfpdwring if it’s related.
Yeah. Lots of crashes today with UAD software and Pro Tools in Big Sur and Monterey. I remember a few years ago, people were running Quartz Debug to deal with Avid's ...uh... QC... -But I don't remember the OS we had.
Screen Shot 2022-04-14 at 12.43.45 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-04-14 at 12.43.53 AM.png

Hello everyone!

I'm having trouble with webcams not being recognized by Discord and Facetime in Monterey 12.0.1 on OpenCore 0.7.4
They were recognized without problems at some point, most likely before I updated and was still in Big Sur.
Currently, I'm getting no webcam/devices available on both apps, on Zoom and Discord via browser my devices show up as usual.

On Monterey my webcams are still recognized in Zoom and browsers, which means it hasn't been much of an issue for work, but it also means I haven't cared enough to try to fix this lack of functionality it until now :crazy:

I read a couple posts on Facetime video problems relating to DRM, so I followed some of that advice (PlatformInfo is set to MacPro7,1 and removed shikivga boot arguments) but no success so far.

If Casey or anyone has any leads on the cause/fix that would be much appreciated!

Hello everyone!

I'm having trouble with webcams not being recognized by Discord and Facetime in Monterey 12.0.1 on OpenCore 0.7.4
They were recognized without problems at some point, most likely before I updated and was still in Big Sur.
Currently, I'm getting no webcam/devices available on both apps, on Zoom and Discord via browser my devices show up as usual.

On Monterey my webcams are still recognized in Zoom and browsers, which means it hasn't been much of an issue for work, but it also means I haven't cared enough to try to fix this lack of functionality it until now :crazy:

I read a couple posts on Facetime video problems relating to DRM, so I followed some of that advice (PlatformInfo is set to MacPro7,1 and removed shikivga boot arguments) but no success so far.

If Casey or anyone has any leads on the cause/fix that would be much appreciated!
Hi, start with sending your USB Tree...
usb.jpg

Alright, under ACPI --> Delete, there are NO entries at all. If I need to add something here, how do I do it? The other three requirements are met now.

This one is NOT listed:

Thank you.
Thank you @CaseySJ !

After being able to follow 3 of your recommended 4 changes to disable AppleVDT, my Windows booting is back to normal! I also needed to Enable VT-d in BIOS, which I believe I normally have Enabled.

I used HackinDROM to mount my EFI partition, then I used OCC to edit and save the config.plist.

The only issue now is that on POST I'm getting the following two errors appearing just above the GIGABYTE banner:

OCS: No schema for ForceAquantiaEthernet at 10 index, context <Quirks>!
OCS: No schema for LogModules at 5 index, context <Debug>!

Could these be due to my missing "ACPI --> Delete --> DMAR --> check off"? If so, what do I needed to do to add that?

Oh... and I'm also getting the following warning when I launch OCC:

Screen Shot 2022-04-13 at 9.02.20 PM.png

How can I fix this? I'm on OC 0.7.8 and not OC 0.7.9.

UPDATE1: I just found the OpenCore mini-guide (OpenCore mini-guide) and discovered the "right-clicking" on the EFI drive in HackinDROM to update... now I'm on 0.7.9! Ok I'm going to restart and test this out.

UPDATE2: Wow - nice! Everything is fixed and working perfectly after following through with UPDATE1. Do I still need to get the "ACPI --> Delete --> DMAR --> check off" added to my configuration?

Thanks very much, as always.

Last edited:

This one is NOT listed:

Thank you.
Because we're disabling AppleVTD, it's actually okay that DMAR is not listed under ACPI --> Delete.

Hello everyone!

Hello @kentays,

Monterey 12.0.1 and OpenCore 0.7.4 are both relatively old. Are you planning to upgrade to Monterey 12.3.1 and OpenCore 0.7.9?

Regarding webcam access in Discord, check to see if the app has permission (System Preferences --> Security & Privacy):
Screen Shot 2022-04-14 at 1.39.37 PM.png

Regarding webcam access in FaceTime, it should detect and use the webcam automatically as long as only one webcam is present in the system. It's also possible that FaceTime is not logged in -- are you able to make and receive audio calls?

I was hoping after all these updates and fixes, my Apple TV (app not hardware) would work. It worked for a few minutes, and then like always, just stops and closes. Then you can't use it at all.

Is there a fix for this?

Back