Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

@CaseySJ,

1. Yes
2. ok
3. I disabled Apple VTD, the string disappeared, but still, it gets backs to BIOS splash and then into recovery.

Just one note, my OpenCore was made converting from Clover, and it was made following your guide.

Sorry!
It might be a good idea to perform CMOS Reset by following the procedure in Designare Z390 user manual. This will reset all BIOS parameters, so we would need to configure them again afterwards.

Please be reminded that I tested your EFI folder on my system and there was no issue. I am, however, booting Monterey.

Did you say that you were able to boot macOS successfully from the USB flash disk, but not after copying the same exact EFI folder to EFI partition of internal NVMe SSD?

It might be a good idea to perform CMOS Reset by following the procedure in Designare Z390 user manual. This will reset all BIOS parameters, so we would need to configure them again afterwards.

Please be reminded that I tested your EFI folder on my system and there was no issue. I am, however, booting Monterey.

Did you say that you were able to boot macOS successfully from the USB flash disk, but not after copying the same exact EFI folder to EFI partition of internal NVMe SSD?
@CaseySJ, I am going to perform the CMOS Reset. At this point, I am not sure if I could boot macOS successfully from the USB flash disk; it is possible that even following the procedure, I was running the older EFI.

Anyways, after the CMOS Reset, which BIOS setup should I follow? Can I load back the BIOS setup saved on my USB?

Thank you so much; I will keep you updated later.

Can confirm, having this exact issue - iMac Pro 1,1 w/ 5700xt - OC 0.7.9

View attachment 544022

It's not just a lower GB score issue, the whole graphics pipeline seems to struggle under any reasonable load. Unfortunately this has made my machine pretty unusable. Is there any known solution other than rolling back?

Edit - I have found a temporary solution that works for me - there's an old SSDT over in this thread that appears to restore most of the performance, at least I can get some work done now! - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...with-macos-monterey-12-3-update.319404/page-2

I think rolling back is the real solution until a fix from Apple arrives (knowing them, that can take a while). MacOS 12.2.1 is available on the internet, not via regular channels..., if you really need to do a fresh 12.2.1 installation.

That's a great find and safer than using a CH341a external programmer. When I say "safer" I should add that even this procedure, based on Intel's Flash Programming Tool or FPT, carries some risk as mentioned in the article. But at least it provides a sound alternative.

Will link this to Post 1.

I'm back in the game. BIOS downgrade successful! I did it with the Windows version from this description. Many thanks to @gandem for the life-saving link. :clap:

I'm back in the game. BIOS downgrade successful! I did it with the Windows version from this description. Many thanks to @gandem for the life-saving link. :clap:

I'm positively surprised that that worked! With all the risks involved, I'm happy it worked for you. I guess we can put that link with the appropriate warnings to the index in the 1st post @CaseySJ

@CaseySJ, I tried the CMOS Reset, and I reloaded the previous BIOS configuration, and it still goes into recovery. Can you please point me to the BIOS configuration for this build, and then I will reconfigure the BIOS manually? Thanks

Please be reminded that I am still trying to load Mojave to upgrade to Catalina.
My friend is running Catalina on an older version of OpenCore, so I am confused about struggling so much on this upgrade.

Anyways, please let me know.

@CaseySJ, I just performed another CMOS Reset by following the procedure in the Designare Z390 user manual.
I setup BIOS from scratch, and nothing changed; the new OpenCore EFI got me to Mac recovery.

Questions:
1. Is there a chance to try upgrading to Catalina, avoiding the upgrade to OpenCore?
2. Can I install Catalina from scratch and then use my TimeMachine?

Thanks

Back