Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

@memomemonline

I just transferred your exact EFI folder into the EFI partition of a USB flash disk, copied my serial numbers into PlatformInfo --> DataHub section, and booted my Z390 Designare. OpenCore picker came right up...

15001942.png

@memomemonline

I just transferred your exact EFI folder into the EFI partition of a USB flash disk, copied my serial numbers into PlatformInfo --> DataHub section, and booted my Z390 Designare. OpenCore picker came right up...

View attachment 543922
@CaseySJ, No clue, no idea. I just want to mention that I am still on Mojave and I am doing this OC update to install Catalina. It can be a problem with BIOS?

@CaseySJ, No clue, no idea. I just want to mention that I am still on Mojave and I am doing this OC update to install Catalina. It can be a problem with BIOS?
Let's find this gremlin. Some questions:
  • Is the EFI folder in the EFI partition?
  • Which software are you using to mount the EFI partition?
  • How many drives are installed inside the computer? If more than one, what operating systems are on each of the drives?
  • Which version of BIOS are you running?
Also try a cold boot (shutdown system, flip power switch on PSU to OFF for 10 seconds, then power back on and press F12 at Gigabyte splash screen to choose USB flash disk).

Let's find this gremlin. Some questions:
  • Is the EFI folder in the EFI partition?
  • Which software are you using to mount the EFI partition?
  • How many drives are installed inside the computer? If more than one, what operating systems are on each of the drives?
  • Which version of BIOS are you running?
Also try a cold boot (shutdown system, flip power switch on PSU to OFF for 10 seconds, then power back on and press F12 at Gigabyte splash screen to choose USB flash disk).
  • Yes
  • Clover Configurator
  • No one except the macOS
  • F9i

Thanks
I tried a cold boot, I got to the OpenCore Picker, I selected my macOS drive, and it started.
Then, I copied the EFI into my main disk.
I restarted. I got the OpenCore Picker, and it was supposed to run automatically macOS instead the system restarted.
It got back to the BIOS splash, then I got a string line on the top left corner, then to the apple logo, and slowly loaded to get into macOS Utilities.
I am attaching all screenshots.
I am totally lost.
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_2451.jpg
    IMG_2451.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 50
  • IMG_2445.jpg
    IMG_2445.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_2447.jpg
    IMG_2447.jpg
    922 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_2448.jpg
    IMG_2448.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 48
  • IMG_2449.jpg
    IMG_2449.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 48
  • IMG_2450.jpg
    IMG_2450.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 42
Last edited:
  • Yes
  • Clover Configurator
  • No one except the macOS
  • F9i

Thanks
I tried a cold boot, I got to the OpenCore Picker, I selected my macOS drive, and it started.
Then, I copied the EFI into my main disk.
I restarted. I got the OpenCore Picker, and it was supposed to run automatically macOS instead the system restarted.
It got back to the BIOS splash, then I got a string line on the top left corner, then to the apple logo, and slowly loaded to get into macOS Utilities.
I am attaching all screenshots.
I am totally lost.
Thanks

In your config.plist, please try to set SecureBootModel to Disable (I didn't check your EFI if you already did that).

Hello,
Anyone tried Monterey 12.3 Release?
I had some graphical and DRM issues with the beta 2

Installed it last night and woke up to find some weird graphical glitches. The desktop background is messed up (parts swapping places and stuff), and Geekbench Compute dropped to 50k from 75k (5700XT). Decoders are available and everything else *seems* to work, but I'm gonna try switching to iMacPro1,1 and see if that helps.

I never updated to the capsule BIOS on my Z390, but for those who did and regret it, it looks like a user over at win-raid has written a guide on how to downgrade. Again, I offer no user experience with this and proceed at your own risk!
@CaseySJ -Not sure if it's appropriate to provide this link, please delete the post if it's against forum rules.

Link

Updated Link- Here

Last edited:
Back