Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Hi @CaseySJ

My problem with the bluetooth still continues.

In general, bluetooth works as long as the PC don't sleep. If it goes to sleep, i cannot wake it through bluetooth keyboard, i cannot enter my password. If i use USB cable connected to the keyboard and login after wake, when i remove the usb cable magic keyboard won't connect through Bluetooth. And also "bluetoothd" goes crazy, using too much cpu resource until i turn it off, and then turn it on back. (I wrote about this before but I think you didn't see my post #34735) After that i have to disconnect the bluetooth keyboard from the macos bluetooth menu and connect again, then keyboard can start working with bluetooth.

IOReg shows BRCM20702 Hub is connected to HS11, I'm attaching the screenshot from that entry.

Current system:
- macOS 12.2.1
- OC 0.7.8
- Broadcom 94360 ( I think CS2 version) connected with a PCIe Adapter
- Apple Magic Keyboard
- VTd Disabled (Dual boot with Windows on separate NVME SSDs)

BrcmPatchRam, BluToolFixup and all other entries are removed from the config.plist and kexts are deleted inside the EFI folder, as you suggested before. Nothing changes with or without these kexts.

This problem exists since I updated (fresh install) to macOS Monterey, and no macOS or OC update solved it yet. I'm really looking for a solution as in current status bluetooth is mostly useless for me.

Is it possible to use the onboard Intel card instead of the Broadcom one?

Thank you again for your help!
There have been a lot of similar problem reports with Apple Magic Keyboard (and sometimes Apple Magic Mouse). The newer one (Magic Keyboard 2) seems to be more reliable on Hackintosh.

You may try the OpenIntelWireless driver to see if that makes any difference, but it will be necessary to physically remove the Broadcom PCIe card. You may back up the existing OpenCore EFI folder and use HackinDROM App to create new one.

Hello @HarryMcGinty,

Because your QNAP and Black Magic devices are PCIe cards, have you checked IORegistryExplorer to see if they’re present? Feel free to save and post the IOReg file.
I just downloaded IORegistryExplorer... I can't tell if they're present. Attached my IO Reg file. (edit: removed for security)
Are you running Monterey 12.2 or 12.3 beta? The 10GbE Aquantia (Marvell) kernel patch is different for 12.3. Please see:
I'm running Monterey 12.2 — should I move to 12.3? Looks like I don't have either patch for AQC-107 so I guess I should at minimum try adding the one you have for 12.2. edit: I do have the AQC 107 10 GbE v2 in there... but hadn't enabled it. I'll give that a try! edit #2: that worked! QNAP 10gbe fixed. Now just need to figure out the Blackmagic and I'm golden. :)

Thank you so much!

Last edited:
I just downloaded IORegistryExplorer... I can't tell if they're present. Attached my IO Reg file.

I'm running Monterey 12.2 — should I move to 12.3? Looks like I don't have either patch for AQC-107 so I guess I should at minimum try adding the one you have for 12.2. edit: I do have the AQC 107 10 GbE v2 in there... but hadn't enabled it. I'll give that a try! edit #2: that worked! QNAP 10gbe fixed. Now just need to figure out the Blackmagic and I'm golden. :)

Thank you so much!

Black Magic is also present in IOReg (device ID 0xbdbd -- how appropriate), but there's no compatible driver. Hence the device tree under PEG1.PEGP is empty. Have you installed a Monterey-compatible driver for the Black Magic card?
Screen Shot 2022-02-25 at 12.16.28 PM.png

Here's the Aquantia 10GbE card. Now that you've applied the kext patch, the new device tree will be more extensive.
Screen Shot 2022-02-25 at 12.16.24 PM.png

Last edited:
There have been a lot of similar problem reports with Apple Magic Keyboard (and sometimes Apple Magic Mouse). The newer one (Magic Keyboard 2) seems to be more reliable on Hackintosh.

You may try the OpenIntelWireless driver to see if that makes any difference, but it will be necessary to physically remove the Broadcom PCIe card. You may back up the existing OpenCore EFI folder and use HackinDROM App to create new one.

Just creating a new EFI and config (copied through HackinDROM) and removing the Broadcom card will be enough for the Intel Wireless Card to work? Probably i missed when this card started to work because when the guide first created this card wasn't working with Clover i guess, maybe OpenCore made it happen I don't know. :)

I will try that and let you know if it works, i hope it will.

Thank you!

Just creating a new EFI and config (copied through HackinDROM) and removing the Broadcom card will be enough for the Intel Wireless Card to work? Probably i missed when this card started to work because when the guide first created this card wasn't working with Clover i guess, maybe OpenCore made it happen I don't know. :)

I will try that and let you know if it works, i hope it will.

Thank you!
Correct! When this guide was written back in late 2018, the OpenIntelWireless drivers did not exist. It's great that they exist now, but they are not perfect. Most of the Continuity features of macOS are not yet supported.

Correct! When this guide was written back in late 2018, the OpenIntelWireless drivers did not exist. It's great that they exist now, but they are not perfect. Most of the Continuity features of macOS are not yet supported.

It's been good that the OpenIntelWireless wifi and BT drivers have come so far recently. Their continued development meaning we can spare ourselves the hassle of swapping-out mini cards. Performance seems fine too.

The handoff and continuity features of Broadcom cards I imagined were just a pipe-dream, but this is what I spotted when using the latest with Big Sur:

Handoff.jpg

Frustratingly, at this point, I have no iOS devices to test with, so do not know how well anything might work.

:)

No problem!
  • USBInjectAll 0.7.1 is compiled with older macOS development libraries and won't run on Big Sur and Monterey. It also lacks support for iMac20,1 and iMac20,2.
  • USBInjectAll 0.7.6 is compiled with newer development libraries and works on both Big Sur and Monterey. It supports iMac20,1 and iMac20,2.
  • USBInjectAll 0.7.7 is the same as 0.7.6, but is compatible with XHC (USB) controllers on Z690 platforms.
That begs the question: Do you need both? This is what messed me up earlier. I took out the 0.7.1 and left the 76 one. I am using iMac19,1 as my "System"

That begs the question: Do you need both? This is what messed me up earlier. I took out the 0.7.1 and left the 76 one. I am using iMac19,1 as my "System"
Does this answer the question? :)
Screen Shot 2022-02-25 at 3.18.02 PM.png

Back