Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

I'll check when i get home, i just know both don't pass the validation test and both show a header for tpm2.0 chips

Xtreme z390 worked perfectly after setting the BIOS Setting for trusted computing. No TMP chip addition needed. Thanks, Casey

Two reboots later MacOS 12.2.1 (21D62) is working great i.c.w. OC 0.7.8.

2022-02-13_08-28-28.png

I installed Mojave on a separate HD in my Designare. In open core I changed Misc--Security--Secure Boot Model to Disabled. I test-booted into the Monterey volume with this setting and it booted fine.

is there any risk to leaving the setting to Disabled for Monterey?

thanks

I installed Mojave on a separate HD in my Designare. In open core I changed Misc--Security--Secure Boot Model to Disabled. I test-booted into the Monterey volume with this setting and it booted fine.

is there any risk to leaving the setting to Disabled for Monterey?

thanks
It is okay to leave it disabled in Monterey.

I bought a 4k oled as my main display and ever since I have issues getting HDMI signal after sleep. If I unplug/replug the HDMI cable I get signal, but otherwise the tv says no signal.

Any suggestions? I'm still on Catalina btw.

Hello Mr. Casey!!
How do we recognize that we have made the modification of the Bios (@Elias64Fr), I have the impression that the BIOS ID, the version numbers remain identical to the original F9i version?
Thanks in advance !!
Again: I've flashed the modded BIOS (flawless BTW) yesterday and verified under Windows:

- I used HWInfo64 and I can see "EC" under Intel Microcode version. However, I had the first Elias64fr modded BIOS (not EC) so it was easy for me. If you had the second modded BIOS, it was already EC so...

On MacOS in terminal:

Code:
printf '0x%x\n' `sysctl -a | grep microcode | awk '{print $2}'`

my 2020 MacBook Pro (Intel) had some kind of event last night. it no longer responds to trackpad/mouse clicks from trackpad, apple BT mouse, or usb mouse. it does respond to mouse clicks from my Designare via screen sharing. apple chat offered no hope other than Genius Bar. can I boot it in target disk mode then connect a TB cable from the Designare and wipe and reinstall? if so, can I use a TB2 cable and a pair of apple TB2/TB3 adapters?

I have a full bootable backup that I made and test-booted from last night.
thanks

Last edited:

Attachments

• 403A62D8-5EC3-4BAD-A043-1BB732F7D20E.jpeg
    403A62D8-5EC3-4BAD-A043-1BB732F7D20E.jpeg
    9 MB · Views: 39
  • DF270F05-B645-4D5F-A2E1-6F82CA83ECCC.jpeg
    DF270F05-B645-4D5F-A2E1-6F82CA83ECCC.jpeg
    10.7 MB · Views: 38
  • SSDT-Gigabyte-GC-Titan-Ridge-v1-or-v2-TB3.aml
    2.2 KB · Views: 31
Back