Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

no RP05 !

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2022-01-31 à 21.28.34.png
    Capture d’écran 2022-01-31 à 21.28.34.png
    156.2 KB · Views: 25
no RP05 !
RP05 is always present, but if Thunderbolt is disabled in BIOS then we'll see a short version of RP05 instead of the full version. But it is always present.
Screen Shot 2022-01-31 at 12.29.47 PM.png

yes ok i got it :)

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2022-01-31 à 21.33.47.png
    Capture d’écran 2022-01-31 à 21.33.47.png
    644.2 KB · Views: 31
I was under the impression that was just DMAR and not DMAC. You can understand my confusion, when I saw no reference :)
In my haste I read 'DMAR' instead of 'DMAC'. We added the DMAC SSDT as an experiment to see whether it would make any difference with connection of certain Thunderbolt devices that now depend on VT-d. Although the SSDT enables the DMAC device in IOReg, we did not observe any specific benefit.

yes ok i got it :)
That's better.
  • We can see Apollo connected on Thunderbolt port 2 (DSB4) but nothing on Thunderbolt port 1 (DSB1).
  • Was the LaCie connected to Thunderbolt port 1 when screenshot was taken?
  • Has this LaCie drive ever worked on a Hackintosh?

That's better.
  • We can see Apollo connected on Thunderbolt port 2 (DSB4) but nothing on Thunderbolt port 1 (DSB1).
He still didn't answered if he is using one of your created EFIs.
Maybe it will be better that he posts the EFI then we can check imported SSDTs and the configs

That's better.
Yes it was on port 1
And yes worked when my Hackintosh was in Catalina
The drive is not very important , I can transfer it to another USB deuce

But I need my Apollo for work

He still didn't answered if he is using one of your created EFIs.
Maybe it will be better that he posts the EFI then we can check imported SSDTs and the configs
Yes i can post my EFi
How to hide Mac Serial ?

In my haste I read 'DMAR' instead of 'DMAC'. We added the DMAC SSDT as an experiment to see whether it would make any difference with connection of certain Thunderbolt devices that now depend on VT-d. Although the SSDT enables the DMAC device in IOReg, we did not observe any specific benefit.
But from what I understood, it is an on-mainboard present, functioning and meaningful device. Makes still sense to implement it (at least for me), like SMBus :)

Yes it was on port 1
And yes worked when my Hackintosh was in Catalina
The drive is not very important , I can transfer it to another USB deuce

But I need my Apollo for work
Because LaCie Orange is a Thunderbolt 2 device, it may not hot plug. Have you already tried connecting it before macOS boots up?

Does the Apollo have the latest firmware (on the Apollo itself, not the macOS driver)?

Back