Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Are Bluetooth and WiFi working?

If Bluetooth is misbehaving, please try disabling all three of these kexts in config.plist --> Kernel section and reboot:
  • BlueToolFixup.kext
  • BrcmFirmwareData.kext
  • BrcmPatchRAM3.kext
Thanks for your reply, appreciate all suggestions! Tried disabling those three as my first step and still had issues. Oddly, the Magic Mouse and Magic Keyboard both wake from sleep just fine, they just cease to work when the Desktop appears. I have read this board should still be supported, although others are also seeing odd results in Monterey. Strange! Universal Control is working beautifully when BlueTooth is functioning I might add.

Last edited:
Are Bluetooth and WiFi working?

If Bluetooth is misbehaving, please try disabling all three of these kexts in config.plist --> Kernel section and reboot:
  • BlueToolFixup.kext
  • BrcmFirmwareData.kext
  • BrcmPatchRAM3.kext
Thank you. Yes, I noticed Bluetooth and WiFi was not switched on. After I enabled, it works.

I was stupid and upgraded to the F9 BIOS on the Gigabyte webpage. Now I'm having trouble with unstable Thunderbolt. My UAD is responding as well as it used to, and Apogee Ensemble randomly reconnects. Is there any way to downgrade the BIOS?
FWIW, I'm still on an earlier BIOS (F9i, no longer available; I'm not sure why.) and my Apollo 8 Quad started acting up over the last week. I think it's something with Monterey or OC077. I'm going to run Big Sur from another SSD (via BMD Multidock 2) with OC077.

Attachments

• Z390DESIGNARE.F9i.zip
    6.8 MB · Views: 47
@CaseySJ So I decided to do a brand new clean install of Catalina, but rather than just running an updated, I wanted to essentially start everything from scratch.

I followed the build guide step-by-step and got everything running beautifully. But just as before, I have one bizarre issue: my CPU is pretty much idle non-stop. It hovers around 85%–95% idle. Opening apps takes quite a while, various tasks take much longer than they should on a powerful machine like this. I pretty much never see any spike in CPU load in Activity Monitor. Any ideas as to why this may be?

My setup:
Gigabyte Z390 Designare f6
Intel Core i9-9900K
AMD RX 580 8 GB
64 GB 2666 MHz DDR4
Model Identifier: iMac19,1
Internal Drive: Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
In BIOS: XMP Profile is disabled and the multiplier is set to DDR4-2666

Would REALLY appreciate the help.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    6.9 MB · Views: 55
@CaseySJ So I decided to do a brand new clean install of Catalina, but rather than just running an updated, I wanted to essentially start everything from scratch.

I followed the build guide step-by-step and got everything running beautifully. But just as before, I have one bizarre issue: my CPU is pretty much idle non-stop. It hovers around 85%–95% idle. Opening apps takes quite a while, various tasks take much longer than they should on a powerful machine like this. I pretty much never see any spike in CPU load in Activity Monitor. Any ideas as to why this may be?

My setup:
Intel Core i9-9900K
AMD RX 580 8 GB
64 GB 2666 MHz DDR4

Have you tried your hardware on another OS like Windows or a Linux dist?

My setup:
Intel Core i9-9900K
AMD RX 580 8 GB
64 GB 2666 MHz DDR4

Perhaps Spotlight indexing is taking place? We can also run Activity Monitor and sort the list by “%cpu” to see which process is consuming excess time.

Hi Everyone. I hope I'm in the good section. Sorry for my bad English as I'm French. ;-)

I have problems with my Thunderbolt 3 (USB C). it doesn't work with my Sound Card Apollo 16 even with my hardrive lacie.
In my OS system (Big Sur 11.6.2 ), at Thunderbolt section appears " No Found".

I m a little bit lost . I have to flash my motherboard ? Or only Thunderbolt stuff ?

I have a :
Gigabyte Z390 Designare (BIOS F9)
Intel i9
AMD Radeon 6900 XT
OpenCore

Thanks.

Hi Everyone, hope i m in the good section. Sorry for my bad English, i'm french ;-)

I have problems with my Thunderbolt 3 ( usb C). it doesn't work with my Sound Card Apollo 16 even with my hardrive lacie.
In my OS system ( bigsur 11.6.2 ) , at Thunderbolt section appears " No Found"

I m a little bit lost . I have to flash my motherboard ? or only Thunderbolt stuff ?

I have a :
Gigabyte Z390 Designare (bios F9)
Intel i9
Amd Radeon 6900xt
Opencore

Thanks
Usually UAD TB Sound Cards works out-of-box.

Have you configured your BIOS as in Post #1 ?
Have you correctly installed UAD drivers ?

If yes then:
  1. Connect the sound card to your hackintosh then switch ON.
  2. Download and run IORegistryExplorer and export the file with "File —> Save As…".
  3. Post the file

Note:
I assume you are using an EFI created by Casey.

When TB isn't flashed your UAD will appear in System Information --> PCI instead of System Information --> Thunderbolt.

Last edited:
Back