Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...olt-3-i7-9700k-amd-rx-580.316533/post-2095044

@CaseySJ do you know how to start an OC Machine with ALT+T so that the machine starts correctly in Target mode? Apparently even correctly selected the Target Mode option, the hackintosh restart in the same way as normal boot.
I had this problem with a Samsung 950 Pro NVME drive. The issue went away after I cloned to a WD750. I believe it has to do with the firmware on the drive.

Hi @CaseySJ,

I have finally updated to Monterey and OC .7.7.0. But now, my startup time is between 3-5minutes long. Not sure what's going on. Can you help me please?
Please see the release notes related to Monterey in the OpenCore 0.7.7 Mini-Guide.
To determine if your system has the problem, simply post the output of this command:
Bash:
log show --last boot | grep "trims took"

Please see the release notes related to Monterey in the OpenCore 0.7.7 Mini-Guide.
To determine if your system has the problem, simply post the output of this command:
Bash:
log show --last boot | grep "trims took"

2022-01-28 15:03:42.302288-0600 0x504 Default 0x0 0 0 kernel: (apfs) spaceman_scan_free_blocks:3153: disk1 scan took 186.149347 s, trims took 185.914432 s

2022-01-28 15:03:42.302288-0600 0x504 Default 0x0 0 0 kernel: (apfs) spaceman_scan_free_blocks:3153: disk1 scan took 186.149347 s, trims took 185.914432 s
You must be using a Samsung NVMe SSD, hence trim is taking 186 seconds or 3 minutes. There is no known solution other than replacing Samsung with a different brand such as WD. The WD 750 series are an excellent choice that many of us are now using.

It is possible to clone the Samsung SSD to a temporary SSD X, then erase the Samsung SSD and clone SSD X back to the Samsung. This should reduce trim time considerably, but that time will grow progressively over time.

You must be using a Samsung NVMe SSD, hence trim is taking 186 seconds or 3 minutes. There is no known solution other than replacing Samsung with a different brand such as WD. The WD 750 series are an excellent choice that many of us are now using.

It is possible to clone the Samsung SSD to a temporary SSD X, then erase the Samsung SSD and clone SSD X back to the Samsung. This should reduce trim time considerably, but that time will grow progressively over time.
like this https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07M64QXMN/?tag=tonymacx86com-20 ?

Perfect thanks! Would my USB map get messed up by the migration to the newer OC and Monterey?
The USB SSDT has not changed in a long time. If, however, you're using a customized USB port map, just check whether it is still configured properly in config.plist after the update.

It is also strongly recommended to make a full bootable backup before upgrading to a newer version of macOS.

The USB SSDT has not changed in a long time. If, however, you're using a customized USB port map, just check whether it is still configured properly in config.plist after the update.

It is also strongly recommended to make a full bootable backup before upgrading to a newer version of macOS.
How do I check if it is properly configured?

Back