Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

I'm having trouble with my iMessage forwarding texts to my Mac. Is that a kext issue or Big Sur setting?

I've gone into my phone and allowed it to forward it to my machine and also have pushed the 'sync now' in my iMessage preferences.

Anyone else have had this issue before?
I had the same symptoms on a new MacBook Pro and finally resolved it by unchecking and rechecking iMessage under Settings/AppleId/iCloud. I think the standard advice is to sign out of and back into iCloud

I had the same symptoms on a new MacBook Pro and finally resolved it by unchecking and rechecking iMessage under Settings/AppleId/iCloud. I think the standard advice is to sign out of and back into iCloud
It could take x minutes or hours before the device get really synced with iCloud

I'm using one for my single display (3440x1440 @60Hz) on the Sapphire RX580 8GB: Mostly, it runs at around 35W instead of 80W. It'll ramp up in power usage as needed. I have two patches because once in a while, I'll drop in a 2nd identical RX580 into Slot 2.

IIRC, CaseySJ either wrote or modified the original patch.

Ah.. Thank you for the info.

Last edited:
Hi guys - can any one help with a Ethernet port issue. My port (I think maybe both) on the Z390 has dropped a few times saying cable unplugged. It has also started a connection at 1gbe but then randomly seems to drop back and connect at 100Mb. Unplugging a few times seems to get it working again. I have checked cables and replaced patch cables, full Cat6 from the Hackintosh to the router. I have been up and running a while now so not sure if I should be updating ethernet drivers or not?

Hi guys - can any one help with a Ethernet port issue. My port (I think maybe both) on the Z390 has dropped a few times saying cable unplugged. It has also started a connection at 1gbe but then randomly seems to drop back and connect at 100Mb. Unplugging a few times seems to get it working again. I have checked cables and replaced patch cables, full Cat6 from the Hackintosh to the router. I have been up and running a while now so not sure if I should be updating ethernet drivers or not?
Some questions / suggestions:
  • Which version of macOS?
  • Which version of OpenCore?
  • When you say it drops to 100Mbps, how are you determining the speed of connection?
  • Try deleting NetworkInterfaces.plist and rebooting. The file will be regenerated on boot. Simply search this thread for that keyword to find details.

It is fixed.
Sorry, I haven't slept enough and I've quit coffee, so it might happen again.
I did not saved my SSD boot order yesterday, so I was booting on OpenCore 7.2 instead of 7.6 :banghead:
Now everything is working flawlessly.
A big thank you as usual.

Does the Bluetooth dongle work natively in 12.1? I have the same chipset but different board, and in OC 7.7 Bluetooth toggles on in menu bar but the dongle is not discoverable.

Bought recently a 144Hz 4K monitor. It works at 60Hz only. Is that normal?
Big Sur, RX 5700 XT connected via DP to AOC U28G2XU/BK 28”

Last edited:
Screen Shot 2022-01-20 at 15.48.23.png

Any idea how to fix Intel BT issue ?
I can't find Bluetooth reset module option in Monterey, I guess the device list is from my Fenvi (which is unplugged currently)

hey there, sorry if this is a repeat question: can you give advice on upgrading from motherboard graphics to a dedicated GPU on z390, fresh install of Big Sur a couple months ago using the open core guide. everything is great just finally pulled the plug on a graphics card. amd rx 580.

Back