Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Intel Bluetooth does work but breaks after sleep; opening bluetooth settings does reactivate bluetooth most of the time after wake...with heavy cpu-load for about 30s as others have described.
Have you tried disabling USBWakeFixup.kext? For me this fixed an issue for my FV-T919.

This is for anyone who needs F9i for the Z390 Designare since Gigabyte removed that version. I was lucky to have a backup after F9j became problematic. I am distrustful of any BIOS that does not allow reversion, but that's just me.
Thanks…. I will be giving this a try.

This is for anyone who needs F9i for the Z390 Designare since Gigabyte removed that version. I was lucky to have a backup after F9j became problematic. I am distrustful of any BIOS that does not allow reversion, but that's just me.
Btw… do you use any AVB devices?

I'm having trouble with my iMessage forwarding texts to my Mac. Is that a kext issue or Big Sur setting?

I've gone into my phone and allowed it to forward it to my machine and also have pushed the 'sync now' in my iMessage preferences.

Anyone else have had this issue before?

Btw… do you use any AVB devices?
[Edit: Clarity]. Just the Apple TB3-TB2-Ethernet adapter: On the Z390, I'm running a TB2-connected UAD Apollo for Pro Tools and a VEP7 remote via Ethernet (without AVB needed) on the destination Z370 hack.

@CaseySJ OC077 is working great. The low power patch for the RX580 still works. Many thanks!

Last edited:
Just the Apple TB3-TB2-Ethernet adapter. Though I don't need it: I'm running a TB2-connected UAD Apollo for Pro Tools and a VEP7 remote via Ethernet that works without AVB.

@CaseySJ OC077 is working great. The low power patch for the RX580 still works. Many thanks!
I have that little bug/issue that the connection drops, is driving me crazy because is the only thing holding me back to start working at the studio.

Have you tried disabling USBWakeFixup.kext? For me this fixed an issue for my FV-T919.
I just tried it- the behaviour changes slightly, ie now I see 20 instances of my BT-trackpad after sleep..so no improvement.
It's not really a problem, I do own a Fenvi 919 card but Intel bluetooth gave me better range than the Fenvi (both with wifi either off or 5ghz only)

There is a low power patch for RX 580?
I'm using one for my single display (3440x1440 @60Hz) on the Sapphire RX580 8GB: Mostly, it runs at around 35W instead of 80W. It'll ramp up in power usage as needed. I have two patches because once in a while, I'll drop in a 2nd identical RX580 into Slot 2.

IIRC, CaseySJ either wrote or modified the original patch.

Attachments

• ACPI edit for 2  RX580 cards.png
    ACPI edit for 2 RX580 cards.png
    68.8 KB · Views: 80
  • Low Power patch temperature result for single  RX580.png
    Low Power patch temperature result for single RX580.png
    28.4 KB · Views: 78
  • Low Power patch wattage result for single RX580.png
    Low Power patch wattage result for single RX580.png
    30.8 KB · Views: 73
  • SSDT-RX580_Slot1.aml
    719 bytes · Views: 60