Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

I believe i did. Would you mind taking a look at my config.plis? And also do you know whats the best Bios settings for the board.
z390 Designare bios f8
i9-9900k
Gt 710 gpu
32gb ram
2 x 1tb m.2
Fenvi 919

That pretty much it.
BIOS F9g or F9i are recommended. All BIOS settings are in Post 1, in the BIOS Configuration spoiler.

Simply post screenshots of:
  • OpenCore Configurator —> ACPI —> Add
  • OpenCore Configurator —> ACPI —> Delete
  • OpenCore Configurator —> Kernel —> Add

BIOS F9g or F9i are recommended. All BIOS settings are in Post 1, in the BIOS Configuration spoiler.

Simply post screenshots of:
  • OpenCore Configurator —> ACPI —> Add
  • OpenCore Configurator —> ACPI —> Delete
  • OpenCore Configurator —> Kernel —> Add
Before i move forward. I see that the Bios v. F9 is out. Should i go to F9j or latest F9?

Before i move forward. I see that the Bios v. F9 is out. Should i go to F9j or latest F9?
Good that you asked. We should avoid F9 because USB-C devices won’t work on Thunderbolt ports. If that does not matter, then it’s okay to go with F9. Links to F9g and F9i are present in Quick Reference spoiler at top of post 1.

But BIOS F8 is also okay. Key thing is to post those 3 screenshots.

Good that you asked. We should avoid F9 because USB-C devices won’t work on Thunderbolt ports. If that does not matter, then it’s okay to go with F9. Links to F9g and F9i are present in Quick Reference spoiler at top of post 1.

But BIOS F8 is also okay. Key thing is to post those 3 screenshots.
Perfect will upgrade to F9j and post pictures soonest i get out of work. Thanks a bunch. Any where where i can donate?

Hey @CaseySJ :wave: is there going to be an update to the hackindrom app for OC 0.7.7? Do we need to do it manually or are there problems with this release?

Absolutely love the app, makes it SO easy!

cheers!

Hi
Just a quick question...
I'm currently running a very good designare system with Mojave 10.14.6 with Clover, and I'm still on bios version F7.

I would now like to make a clone system on a different M.2 drive, to experiment with a Big Sur system on Opencore.
I also want to try switching my current Mojave system from Clover to Opencore. Always on a cloned backup drive of course.

However, very importantly, my Mojave system has to continue to work also.
Based on some reading, I'll have to update my BIOS to F8 or F9g or F9i to use Opencore.
Will this newer BIOS version interfere with my current Mojave&Clover system? Should this still boot?
Keeping that system working is the most important for now :)

Last edited:
@CaseySJThanks your support

This USB-C not working problem is serious for those who upgrade, as there is no way to go back.

I have a doubt about this, because I have two OWC, Thunderbolt and they are connected to the USB-C port with Apple adapter, if I update to F9 I won't be able to access these drives at all?

Or would it be possible somehow?

Thanks.

Back