Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Hello @CaseySJ and everyone!

I'm a long time lurker and first time poster.

I've built a great hackintosh in early 2020 thank to Casey's awesome and detailed guide! I'm running Catalina 10.5.3 and It's time to update. The issue I'm having is, when i look at my config.plist to get my ROM number etc, there's nothing there! I'd be happy to have the same machine ID so when I update I won't have to re-authorize all of my software.

I would very much appreciate any input from anyone as to how to retrieve the information (if possible). I did try the search function and did not find a solution.

Thanks you for your continued support in this forum. As I mentioned, I am long time lurker and have come here to seek knowledge countless of times.

Any ideas?

You have multiple instances of some kexts and they are different versions.
These may be actual or cached.
Clear NVRAM.
Boot without cache and check /EFI and /Library/Extensions.

I've built a great hackintosh in early 2020 thank to Casey's awesome and detailed guide! I'm running Catalina 10.5.3 and It's time to update. The issue I'm having is, when i look at my config.plist to get my ROM number etc, there's nothing there! I'd be happy to have the same machine ID so when I update I won't have to re-authorize all of my software.

I would very much appreciate any input from anyone as to how to retrieve the information (if possible). I did try the search function and did not find a solution.

Thanks you for your continued support in this forum. As I mentioned, I am long time lurker and have come here to seek knowledge countless of times.
it is normally in this section:
Code:
<key>Generic</key>
        <dict>
            <key>AdviseWindows</key>
            <false/>
            <key>MLB</key>
            <string>M0000000000000001</string>
            <key>ProcessorType</key>
            <integer>0</integer>
            <key>ROM</key>
            <data>
            ESIzRFVm
            </data>
            <key>SpoofVendor</key>
            <true/>
            <key>SystemMemoryStatus</key>
            <string>Auto</string>
            <key>SystemProductName</key>
            <string>MacBookPro13,1</string>
            <key>SystemSerialNumber</key>
            <string>W00000000001</string>
            <key>SystemUUID</key>
            <string>00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000</string>
        </dict>

or in propertree:
2.jpg

The issue I'm having is, when i look at my config.plist to get my ROM number etc, there's nothing there!
Did you generate serials and add them when you first installed macOS ? Did you save a backup copy of your EFI ?

I do, but the terminology slightly deviated from how you explained it, so just wanted to double check.
-f is correct also UseKernelCache=No, there is a Clover menu option for it too.

Last edited:

Hello @mrnobdy9,

Welcome to the forum!

If you are currently using Clover and the Clover config.plist does not have a ROM value, that is perfectly okay. Clover will use the MAC ID from an Ethernet port such as en0 or en1. In this case we can simple generate a new ROM value in OpenCore using OpenCore Configurator by clicking this button:
Screen Shot 2021-12-02 at 3.05.09 PM.png

You will not need to re-license software.

Hi,

I'm using Oc 0.74 and Monterey 12.01. with USB Bt module. I did the Bt fix. The mouse works well, but the Audio Midi Bt setting does not work. Unable to recognize Cme Widi master midi Bt. Is there any solution for this already?
Hello @Velemer,

Are you using a USB Bluetooth dongle? If so, what is the make/model?

Back