Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Ok i’m not sure to clearly understand the difference between graphical and text mode, but I managed to get this text (see attached) afterpressing command+v.

What next?

Attachments

• 89DC8F1A-5DAE-4EB3-BE6C-9C3DB407D096.jpeg
    89DC8F1A-5DAE-4EB3-BE6C-9C3DB407D096.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 27
Ok i’m not sure to clearly understand the difference between graphical and text mode, but I managed to get this text (see attached) afterpressing command+v.

What next?
It is possible that your MSR 0xE2 is locked (CFG-Lock is enabled), so we'll have to make these two changes:
  • Kernel --> AppleCpuPmCfgLock --> True
  • Kernel --> AppleXcpmCfgLock --> True
Hopefully that will do it. I usually ask people to follow the full Clover to OpenCore transition guide, but thought I would short-cut that procedure. So let's try these 2 changes...

Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 9.39.30 AM.png

Well I think it helped, but now I get panic message (see attached)

In the meantime, I will have a look at the transition guide..

Thanks a lot!
I really appreciate your help!

Attachments

• B11BED26-7B4F-4834-89BF-42EF350E13D1.jpeg
    B11BED26-7B4F-4834-89BF-42EF350E13D1.jpeg
    5.7 MB · Views: 26
Well I think it helped, but now I get panic message (see attached)

In the meantime, I will have a look at the transition guide..

Thanks a lot!
I really appreciate your help!
This error means that some third party kexts are installed in either /L/E or /S/L/E. We’ll have to delete them and rebuild kernel cache. This is described in the guide I referenced in the previous post. So it’s a good idea to follow that guide. Fortunately your OpenCore folder is already set to go. Just have to remove old kexts and install F9g or F9i BIOS (instructions in same guide).

Ok perfect I will follow te guide!

For the BIOS, I can only downgrade to F9 for my z390 Aorus Pro, the F9g or F9i is only for Designare Mobo. Is it still OK?

Thank you!

Ok perfect I will follow te guide!

For the BIOS, I can only downgrade to F9 for my z390 Aorus Pro, the F9g or F9i is only for Designare Mobo. Is it still OK?

Thank you!
Oh yes, sorry! Don't change your BIOS.

It works! Thanks a lot!!! AppleVTD is on and my Antelope Goliath works like a charm.

I greatly appreciated your help, where can I make a donation?

Frank

It works! Thanks a lot!!! AppleVTD is on and my Antelope Goliath works like a charm.
Congratulations. Glad to hear it!!

I greatly appreciated your help, where can I make a donation?
You're welcome to do so. There's a Contribute button just above the TonyMacx86 logo on the top left of the page.

Noted!

And last but not least, Bluetooth doesn’t seem to work anymore (no manager), I have a Fenvi card that worked well on Clover.

Is there a fix with OC for that?

Again, thanks a lot!

Noted!

And last but not least, Bluetooth doesn’t seem to work anymore (no manager), I have a Fenvi card that worked well on Clover.

Is there a fix with OC for that?

Again, thanks a lot!
I looked at your USB port map (USBMap.kext), but it does not seem correct. All USB ports are set to Type 3 (USB 3.x) whereas Z390 Aorus Pro has:
  • 4 USB 2.0 ports on rear (Type 0)
  • 5 USB 3.0 ports on rear (Type 3)
  • 1 USB-C port on rear (Type 9)
  • 2 USB 2.0 headers on motherboard (Type 255)
  • 1 USB 3.1 front panel header (Type 3)
I found a USBPort map from this build guide, that I'm attaching here.

Instructions:
  • Download both files (config.plist attached here does not have serial numbers)
  • Mount EFI partition containing OpenCore
First, copy the entire working EFI folder to the EFI partition of a USB flash disk -- this will be your emergency boot disk. Then eject the USB flash disk.
  • Copy USBPorts.kext to EFI/OC/Kexts folder
  • Rename the existing config.plist to something like config-backup.plist
  • Before proceeding to next step, ensure that only one EFI partition is mounted
  • Open both the old and new config.plist files in OpenCore Configurator and click to the PlatformInfo --> DataHub section in each of the two windows
  • Copy and paste these values to the new config.plist:
    • System Serial Number
    • Hardware UUID
    • MLB
Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 1.59.21 PM.png

• Save the file.
  • Reboot and log back in.
  • Check Bluetooth.
  • If it still does not work, download and run Hackintool.zip from here.
  • Select the USB tab at the top of Hackintool.
  • Resize the window so that all ports are visible.
  • Capture screenshot with CMD-Shift-5 and post.
Hopefully it's a simple issue...

Attachments

• config.plist
    31 KB · Views: 32
  • USBPorts.kext.zip
    3.2 KB · Views: 34
Back