Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Hi @CaseySJ, I just installed Monterey (tonight). Everything is working except for SmallTree-Intel-211-82576 and bluetooth. I am able to get WIFI so that's nice. Sleep & Wake work. Running OC 0.7.4
Please try OpenCore 0.7.5 to see whether Bluetooth comes back.

Has anyone lost their on board audio both my machines lost the on board with Monterey and on open core .74
If this is still a problem, try CMOS Reset followed by re-configuring BIOS parameters starting with F7 (Load Optimized Defaults). Disable CFG-Lock as well (from BIOS --> Boot).

Try running DaVinci Resolve from the command line (Terminal):
Bash:
cd /Applications/<name of app>/Contents/MacOS
./<name of app>
Now you might see some log or error messages that may provide some useful hints.
Thanks Casey, the problem solved, it was due to the DeckLink Mini Monitor 4K BM pci card upgrade. I'll test with the terminal anyway.

We should do this:
  • With AMD GPU still installed:
    • In macOS, mount EFI partition and switch to config-Intel-iGPU.plist by transferring PlatformInfo credentials into that file and changing its name to config.plist
    • Then reboot and go to BIOS Setup
      • Set BIOS --> Internal Graphics --> to --> Enabled (not Auto)
      • Set BIOS --> Initial Display Output --> to --> iGPU
      • Save and Exit BIOS
    • Shutdown the computer -- don't boot macOS
  • Flip PSU to OFF
  • Physically remove AMD GPU
  • Connect monitor to one of the on-board video ports:
    • HDMI port
    • Thunderbolt port (with USB-C to DisplayPort cable)
  • Flip PSU to ON
  • Power up the computer
  • It "should" work...

Awesome - that did the trick, thank you! However, now when connecting via HDMI, the monitor is only running at 30hz. Is there a workaround for this or is this the max via HDMI with the UHD630? Would I need to get a USB-C to DP cable? 30hz is unbearable!

Awesome - that did the trick, thank you! However, now when connecting via HDMI, the monitor is only running at 30hz. Is there a workaround for this or is this the max via HDMI with the UHD630? Would I need to get a USB-C to DP cable? 30hz is unbearable!
HDMI on that board is limited to 4K 30Hz.

But if you use either (a) USB-C to DisplayPort cable or (b) USB-C to HDMI cable, you can get 4K 60Hz. When purchasing the cable, please ensure it's rated for 4K 60Hz or higher.

HDMI on that board is limited to 4K 30Hz.

But if you use either (a) USB-C to DisplayPort cable or (b) USB-C to HDMI cable, you can get 4K 60Hz. When purchasing the cable, please ensure it's rated for 4K 60Hz or higher.
Ah, I see! Thanks again for your help. I’ve been watching the Alder Lake thread and everyone’s progress is exciting!! Keep up the awesome work!

hi Casey i have post my file (config...) that you have tell me

can you help me to boot witn internal intel please

Thkx

How to Check if Thunderbolt Bus is Enabled:
Open System Information and select Thunderbolt from the left side. If you see No drivers are loaded, then this guide does not apply.

@CaseySJ -I have bought an ASUS ThunderboltEX 3-TR Card at this online retailer. Since it is a brand new card, I have to believe it is not flashed, but comes with the original Firmware.

I installed the Card in my built. And I get this, without modifying my Opencore EFI Folder:

Screenshot 2021-11-12 at 11.39.22.png

Screenshot 2021-11-12 at 11.39.00.png

Screenshot 2021-11-12 at 11.40.15.png

I am new and just learning on how to get this card working, but: does that mean, that I bought a flashed TB-Controller?

I say it again, because it confuses me, but this TB-controller is new and original but still shows like a "flashed" card.

I started a thread about this, so if anyone is interested on how the story goes, look here

From earlier in this thread (from about page 3200 to the solution on page 3247), Apollo devices require enabling AppleVTD, replacing the DMAR table and adding a DMAC device if not present—plus a Thunderbolt hotplug SSDT. I think you have provided all the required information in your other thread.

I searched this thread but no hits.

Is anyone using a Radeon 7750 GPU? I want to get a bargain basement GPU for my Aorus Pro build so I can use the GPU currently in it for another build.

Thanks.

Back