Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Hi @CaseySJ, I just installed Monterey (tonight). Everything is working except for SmallTree-Intel-211-82576 and bluetooth. I am able to get WIFI so that's nice. Sleep & Wake work. Running OC 0.7.4

Attachments

• Untitled-1 copy.jpg
    Untitled-1 copy.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 44
Hi Casey, after installing Montery I can not open Davinci resolve studio, do you have any suggestion?

Attachments

• config.plist
    32.2 KB · Views: 45
  • iMac Monterey.ioreg
    21.3 MB · Views: 43
Hi Casey, after installing Montery I can not open Davinci resolve studio, do you have any suggestion?
can't open? why.. what happens?

can't open? why.. what happens?
When I launch the app it appears in the dock and jumps as if it wants to open, I check forced exit and it is visible without showing any problem, but in fact it does not open. When I try to restart the whole system this doesn't happen because Davinci Resolve blocks the shutdown and so I have to force exit in order to restart.

Hi @CaseySJ, I had a quick question. If I want to remove my RX 580 and switch to the iGPU, how do I go about doing that? I’m currently on OC 0.7.4 and Big Sur 11.6. Is it as simple as switching the config.plist? I tried changing that (while the graphics card was still in the system) and it couldn’t get past POST. Thanks

@Inqnuam - I have been having issues with HackinDROM not showing custom USB Kext when upgrading... Not sure if I am the only one having issues with custom Kexts not showing. Kext is in the EFI/Kext folder and is also part of the 0.7.3 OC, but when trying to upgrade to 0.7.4, it is not there.

@CaseySJ the following: I have a a patched Thunderbolt Alpine Ridge card. Thunderbolt bus is active in About This Mac. The following SSDT is used with the Z390 Aorus Master attached. But with the patched Alpine Ridge the Symphony MK2 doesn't work. Could you check my IOReg? Anything to adapt? I see the Thunderbolt bus in the Thunderbolt section About This Mac. But i do not see an PCI connection in About This Mac or any connected Tthunderbolt audio interface. In fact the interface doesn't work. This is very strange. Any idea?
I have Alpine Ridge, z390 Aorus Master. I use unflashed Apline Ridge and the files in attach. Block DMAR and use attached.

Attachments

• SSDT-TbtOnPch-Gigabyte-Z390-AORUS.aml
    5.3 KB · Views: 34
  • SSDT-DMAR.aml
    136 bytes · Views: 44
Hi @CaseySJ, I had a quick question. If I want to remove my RX 580 and switch to the iGPU, how do I go about doing that? I’m currently on OC 0.7.4 and Big Sur 11.6. Is it as simple as switching the config.plist? I tried changing that (while the graphics card was still in the system) and it couldn’t get past POST. Thanks
We should do this:
  • With AMD GPU still installed:
    • In macOS, mount EFI partition and switch to config-Intel-iGPU.plist by transferring PlatformInfo credentials into that file and changing its name to config.plist
    • Then reboot and go to BIOS Setup
      • Set BIOS --> Internal Graphics --> to --> Enabled (not Auto)
      • Set BIOS --> Initial Display Output --> to --> iGPU
      • Save and Exit BIOS
    • Shutdown the computer -- don't boot macOS
  • Flip PSU to OFF
  • Physically remove AMD GPU
  • Connect monitor to one of the on-board video ports:
    • HDMI port
    • Thunderbolt port (with USB-C to DisplayPort cable)
  • Flip PSU to ON
  • Power up the computer
  • It "should" work...

When I launch the app it appears in the dock and jumps as if it wants to open, I check forced exit and it is visible without showing any problem, but in fact it does not open. When I try to restart the whole system this doesn't happen because Davinci Resolve blocks the shutdown and so I have to force exit in order to restart.
Try running DaVinci Resolve from the command line (Terminal):
Bash:
cd /Applications/<name of app>/Contents/MacOS
./<name of app>
Now you might see some log or error messages that may provide some useful hints.

Hi @CaseySJ No I mean OpenCore. I’ve been using Monterey for a few weeks now and my Aquantia Eth Port has been working fine, only when updating from OC 0.7.4 to 0.7.5 does this port stop working. The Aorus Xtreme has two Ethernet ports. The second port is the i211 port that you say won’t work under Monterey, although I haven’t tested that port myself under Monterey as my Aquantia port has been working. Reverting back to OC 0.7.4 fixes the Aquantia port.
Have you enabled the Aquantia kernel patch in OpenCore 0.7.5? This is why we did not use HackinDROM this time, so that everyone get reacquainted with the OpenCore configuration.
Screen Shot 2021-11-14 at 8.15.20 AM.png

Back