Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

I also tried booting from my backup. On this drive, I manage to get to the login screen, but then get an error telling me I am unable to log in to the user account at this time....
Do you have your Home folder on a separate drive from your System? If so, that message might mean that System can't find the drive with the Home folder.

Do you have a spare drive, either SSD or spinning disk, on which you can do a fresh install? If successful, that would give proof that your current hardware config is OK.

Do you have your Home folder on a separate drive from your System? If so, that message might mean that System can't find the drive with the Home folder.

Do you have a spare drive, either SSD or spinning disk, on which you can do a fresh install? If successful, that would give proof that your current hardware config is OK.
My home is indeed on another drive. Could it be that I plugged it on the wrong SATA port?
I don't have a spare drive at hand, but seeing I can get to the login screen makes me believe my hw config is ok.

Will try to plug it to different ports.

@faithie999 That was it. I plugged the HDD containing my home folder to another port and it booted.
Will update to the latest opencore now.

thx so much evryone!!!

I updated to OC 0.7.5, and added the R6 SSDT file (as I have an R6).
After more testing, it seems like my UAD card isn't recognized anymore. It used to work straight out of the bat.
Any idea what could cause it?

I'm almost there after such a long hiatus.

hi

is oc 0.7.5 is officially update or is it a beta ?

Because on Hackindrom 2.0.5 it is again on 0.7.4

Thkx

I updated to OC 0.7.5, and added the R6 SSDT file (as I have an R6).
After more testing, it seems like my UAD card isn't recognized anymore. It used to work straight out of the bat.
Any idea what could cause it?

I'm almost there after such a long hiatus.
I got it working. The issue came from the system blocking the drivers. Allowing hem to run from the System Preferences Security tab did the trick.

CSM on/off didn't change anything for me unfortunately. I also tried Platform Power Management in BIOS enabled/disabled, which also doesn't see to affect anything.

I realize that this card should work natively, but I decided to add this kext - https://github.com/acidanthera/AirportBrcmFixup/releases/tag/2.1.3
to OC 0.7.4.

Now Airdrop works for some reason. Sees my devices, initiates the transfer about 80% of the time. Weird.

Not sure what's going on, but it seems that the new kexts work?
OK, been messing around with this WIFI/BT card when I have spare time.

Weird thing is that I managed to get better Airdrop results, but I'm not sure it was because of the broadcofixup kext that I tried. My slow wifi speeds creeped back after a while, so maybe it's just random. At boot the WiFi works, then after a while it starts to crawl. Other wireless devices on the same network don't.

Anyway, beyond that I decided to tackle my ever persistent all USB dropping out issue that has been there since the beginning.

I bought a USB 2.0 PCIe card and more USB 2.0 hubs to plug all USB 2.0 devices into. Everything seems to work still, but I haven't tested enough to see if I still get USB dropping out issues.

TL:DR
I also plugged in the BT on the "FENVI" card to the internal PCIe USB 2.0 card, so that ALL USB devices truly are on that USB 2.0 card. I've NEVER been able to have Bluetooth working in BIOS/at boot, but now it does!

My trouble is now Bluetooth doesn't work AFTER boot. Is there something I need to tweak to have it work after booting? Is this Bluetooth ONLY supposed to work when plugged into the F_USB header on the MOBO?

Thanks!

hi

is oc 0.7.5 is officially update or is it a beta ?

Because on Hackindrom 2.0.5 it is again on 0.7.4

Thkx
OC 0.7.5 is official. Please see this post that explains why it's not on HackinDROM this month.

OC 0.7.5 is official. Please see this post that explains why it's not on HackinDROM this month.
thkx CaseySJ

is it better to wait 0.7.6 ?

Last edited:
Can I ask what your metal score is now under 11.6.1?
Around 154000 but it does vary from test to test. I'm wondering what everyone's metal scores are in Monterey?

Back