Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Holy smokes, I got around to playing a 4K video recorded on my phone... It cannot play without major stuttering in both VLC and Quicktime (like 1 frame per 10 seconds). Sigh... more reading to do. I've done some video editing in the past, so at some point, something broke (on the 0.7.4 OC update, I used hackindrom since my config was a bit old, and I had some USB issues in the not too distant past).

The video was h265 HEVC
To check whether hardware support for HEVC is available, we can download and run VideoProc, then open its Settings dialog (Hardware Info). Here’s an example:

Last edited:
hi

i have installed HackinDrom 2.0.5 it is solved beta oc

and it is writing correctly OC 0.7.4
I also updated HackinDrom to 2.0.5 and OC is 0.7.4... Thx.
Hello @Errabundo

What is the make/model of your macOS NVMe SSD? Try disabling “NVMeFix.kext” from Kernel section of config.plist.
I have an ADATA SX8200PNP.
I'll try disabling that just now.

I also updated HackinDrom to 2.0.5 and OC is 0.7.4... Thx.

I have an ADATA SX8200PNP.
I'll try disabling that just now.
If that does not help, please try:
  • Check if ADATA SSD has more than 50GB free
  • Set SecureBootModel = Default
  • At OpenCore Picker, check that bottom right corner says REL-074-(date)
  • Start the upgrade again from “System Preferences —> Software Update”

Wow, what a system! I thought there was a way of getting the log file anywhere!.

I have made the video and that's the last lines before the reboot:

View attachment 532579View attachment 532581
After looking at this more carefully, it seems that real error or panic occurred one or two pages before. If you have the video, scrub the playhead back a couple of pages to see if there’s a kernel panic or other issue.

I wonder if a third party kernel extension that works in Big Sur might be broken in Monterey.

Hello @CaseySJ.
Thank you for your help.
I add two more images, but the font size is very little and the video is not very clear when the lines are moving up because of the refreshing rate.

Is there any way of making the verbose font greater?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-10-30 at 13.57.52.png
    Screenshot 2021-10-30 at 13.57.52.png
    7.3 MB · Views: 38
  • Screenshot 2021-10-30 at 13.56.49.png
    Screenshot 2021-10-30 at 13.56.49.png
    6.4 MB · Views: 45
One question: My SMBios model is an iMac19,1.
I have read some posts related to this, but I'm not sure if that could be a concern.

If I change that to 1Mac17,1, it would be a NEW computer, doesn't it?
And I should lost iMessenger, App Store, etc...

Or is it possible to change just the model, keeping the rest (serial, etc)?

Thx

Looking for some help.

I used this guide to create my Hackintosh when Mojave was out and everything has been working fine. I followed the directions to a T and have all the correct components. Recently I tried to update my Adobe Creative Cloud to the latest updates (Photoshop, After Effects, Premiere, etc.) but I can not run or install them unless I upgrade the OS. I never went beyond Mojave because everything was working fine, and I didn't want to break anything.
Question is, I now would like to upgrade to Monterey, where would I need to pickup to start following the correct procedure? I know I shouldn't just run the update from the App Store.
Any advise is much appreciated.

To check whether hardware support for HEVC is available, we can download and run VideoProc, then open its Settings dialog (Hardware Info). Here’s an example:

Thanks @CaseySJ

I'm not sure if you want me to follow the link after that link (I have Vega 56)? Is that info from a year ago still relevant? I installed VideoProc and did a scan as suggested:

1635608380554.png

One question: My SMBios model is an iMac19,1.
I have read some posts related to this, but I'm not sure if that could be a concern.

If I change that to 1Mac17,1, it would be a NEW computer, doesn't it?
And I should lost iMessenger, App Store, etc...

Or is it possible to change just the model, keeping the rest (serial, etc)?

Thx
Changing your System Product Name will not solve the Monterey installation problem.
  • If you compress and post your EFI folder (but remove serial numbers from PlatformInfo --> DataHub) I can take a closer look at your configuration.
  • Also boot into Big Sur and post a screenshot of /Library/Extensions folder.

Back