Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Surely you deactivated the SmallTree-Intel-211-82576.kext?
I don't know if this is necessary/critical but I placed the AppleI2xx.kext in the middle of the list next to IntelMausi and SmallTreeI.
Double-check for typ0s in file path etc, the name is Apple[capital i , not lowercase L]2xx - With the Mac System-font I and l look identical..
I just copied it to kext folder and open the config and made sure it was checked in the opencore configurator..
yes, that's just what I did, no special tricks. I further tested the stability downloading more than 10Gb with full speed (50Mb/s) and nothing broke..so far :)

EDIT: I found a workaround to re-activate the i211 after sleep - no reboot required.
Simply change something regarding the MTU and it will come back alive.

Last edited:
Just a positive update:
I must say the 11.6.1 / OC 0.7.4 update with the new adobe update has been amazing so far. My 6900XT is now rendering the timeline at 3x realtime and the system has been up for 72 hours without a reboot. :thumbup: Geekbench 5 Metal went up about 10000 points too.

I think I can hold off on Monterey for a few versions.

Surely you deactivated the SmallTree-Intel-211-82576.kext?
I don't know if this is necessary/critical but I placed the AppleI2xx.kext in the middle of the list next to IntelMausi and SmallTreeI.
Double-check for typ0s in file path etc, the name is Apple[capital i , not lowercase L]2xx - With the Mac System-font I and l look identical..

yes, that's just what I did, no special tricks. I further tested the stability downloading more than 10Gb with full speed (50Mb/s) and nothing broke..so far :)

EDIT: I found a workaround to re-activate the i211 after sleep - no reboot required.
Simply change something regarding the MTU and it will come back alive.
Thanks, I bet i left the SmallTree activated... i'll kill it and retry.

Just a positive update:
I must say the 11.6.1 / OC 0.7.4 update with the new adobe update has been amazing so far. My 6900XT is now rendering the timeline at 3x realtime and the system has been up for 72 hours without a reboot. :thumbup: Geekbench 5 Metal went up about 10000 points too.

I think I can hold off on Monterey for a few versions.
Can I ask what your metal score is now under 11.6.1?

Holy smokes, I got around to playing a 4K video recorded on my phone... It cannot play without major stuttering in both VLC and Quicktime (like 1 frame per 10 seconds). Sigh... more reading to do. I've done some video editing in the past, so at some point, something broke (on the 0.7.4 OC update, I used hackindrom since my config was a bit old, and I had some USB issues in the not too distant past).

The video was h265 HEVC

So, because of some app incompatibilities I had to roll back to Big Sur for the time being.
I did that yesterday, and everything was fine.
This afternoon I started noticing that that if I leave my computer unattended for a little while it will panic, and on logging back in I get this in the crash reporter:

panic(cpu 2 caller 0xffffff80087fda25): userspace watchdog timeout: no successful checkins from com.apple.WindowServer in 120 seconds
service: com.apple.logd, total successful checkins since load (880 seconds ago): 89, last successful checkin: 0 seconds ago
service: com.apple.WindowServer, total successful checkins since load (850 seconds ago): 65, last successful checkin: 120 seconds ago

Has anyone seen this issue?

Thank you very much @CaseySJ it worked perfectly... !!!!!!
Hello.
I have exactly the same issue that @Rag.

I'm not doing a fresh install. Just updating from Big Sur, with Opencore 0.7.4 directly from the BigSur HD (ADATA SX8200PNP).

I already had the SecureBootMode = Disabled.

After the first re-boot, there are 2 Macintosh HD drives at the Clover boot. The first one is the Monterrey installation.
I press on it, and it begins with the Apple logo bar, and after a few seconds, the system reboots.
It keeps re-booting for always.

If I choose the second Macintosh HD, it's the BigSur normal drive, and it boots OK, but with BigSur.

I tried the verbose mode (CMD+V), but the text is appearing very quickly and at the end it disappears without time to do a Screen-shot.

Any idea what's happening?
Thank you.

Last edited:
I tried the verbose mode (CMD+V), but the text is appearing very quickly and at the end it disappears without time to do a Screen-shot.

Any idea what's happening?
Thank you.
make a video recording of the verbose boot, then review the video, scroll down to the end of the boot where it might show the issue, then clip that part of the video and post it.

hi

i have installed HackinDrom 2.0.5 it is solved beta oc

and it is writing correctly OC 0.7.4

make a video recording of the verbose boot, then review the video, scroll down to the end of the boot where it might show the issue, then clip that part of the video and post it.
Wow, what a system! I thought there was a way of getting the log file anywhere!.

I have made the video and that's the last lines before the reboot:

IMG_2396.PNG
IMG_2397.PNG

Back