Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Intel Wireless is controlled by AirportItlwm.kext, whereas IntelMausi controls the 1GbE physical Ethernet port on the rear IO panel.

We can also hold OPTION key while clicking the WiFi icon on menu bar. This will show extended properties of the network. What PHY Mode do you see there?
802.11ac

Just updated my primary Designare Z390 from Big Sur 11.6.1 to Monterey 12.0.1. No problems experienced. Namely:
  • OpenCore 0.7.4.
  • Boot time is normal with ADATA SX8200 Pro NVMe SSD.
  • Fenvi FV-T919 WiFi and Bluetooth working normally without using BlueToolFixup.kext
  • As expected, Intel i211 Ethernet port does not connect because Monterey impairs the SmallTreeIntel82576 kext.
  • Intel i219 Ethernet port driven by IntelMausi.kext is okay.
All of my previous Monterey installations were on secondary Hackintosh systems, and all were fresh installs. This is my first in-place upgrade.

Note: Samsung 970 Evo and Evo Plus NVMe SSDs -- and possibly Samsung 980 NVMe SSDs -- may lead to significantly increased boot times due to trim-related issues. If macOS is installed on one of these drives, it may be best to wait a little while to see whether Acidanthera (developers of OpenCore) find a solution.
well rats. I am being bitten by the smallTreeIntel82576 issue. I need both of my network ports. ONe is for my regular ethernet and one is for my Waves Soundgrid audio interface.
Any workarounds for the smallTree issue that anyone knows of or do I need to roll back to Big Sur?

well rats. I am being bitten by the smallTreeIntel82576 issue. I need both of my network ports. ONe is for my regular ethernet and one is for my Waves Soundgrid audio interface.
Any workarounds for the smallTree issue that anyone knows of or do I need to roll back to Big Sur?
There are some immediate options:
  • Thunderbolt docks have Ethernet ports that can be used.
  • USB-C docks are much cheaper and also provide Ethernet ports.
  • Some USB-to-Ethernet adapters should work.
In my case, I already have:
  • Apple Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet adapter. It works when AppleVTD is enabled.
Shortly I’ll test Ethernet ports on my existing OWC and Belkin Thunderbolt docks, and on my existing USB-C dongle.

Shortly I’ll test Ethernet ports on my existing OWC and Belkin Thunderbolt docks, and on my existing USB-C dongle.
Update:
  • Gigabit Ethernet port on USB-C dock works properly in Monterey
  • Gigabit Ethernet ports on both OWC and Belkin Thunderbolt 3 docks work properly in Monterey

I am having an interesting problem that has just started happening. Whenever I boot, the only drive that finder recognizes is the main OS drive. Any internal or external drives don’t show up. Disk utility doesn’t see them but they show up on the sata and usb screens of system information. Any ideas? Did several restarts, unplugged, reset NVRAM. On Monterey with OC 7.4.

Last edited:
** Experiencing Slow Boot Times in Monterey? **
Please try this and report your results:
I have a Samsung 970 EVO plus 500Gb. Read/Write speeds are ~3000Mb/s, so no complaints there. Tbh I never bothered with the boot time, which is 27 seconds from OC-picker to login. But then again my mid-2009 MBP (max spec 3.06Ghz :thumbup: ) boots faster than that..
result:
f10@iMac ~ % log show --last boot | grep "trims took"
2021-10-27 13:55:58.435995+0200 0x351 Default 0x0 0 0 kernel: (apfs) spaceman_scan_free_blocks:3153: disk2 scan took 18.724585 s, trims took 18.672743 s

2021-10-27 13:56:03.628879+0200 0x917 Default 0x0 0 0 kernel: (apfs) spaceman_scan_free_blocks:3153: disk3 scan took 0.873097 s, trims took 0.808353 s
So trims took 18s, about half of what others posted for a 1TB Samsung 970-type drive - makes sense I guess

PS: I got the gigabit i211-port working with @Shaneee 's modified 'AppleI2xx.kext' - works flawless so far, but have only tried for a few hours.

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2021-10-28 um 12.51.16.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2021-10-28 um 12.51.16.png
    99.2 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Back