Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Will there be a Monterey install mini-guide? :D
I may need to create a formal one soon. But in the meantime, please use this one (only 3 steps):
Note that on Z390 Designare the Intel i211 Ethernet port (closest to WiFi connector) will not work in Monterey. The other Ethernet port will work.

In the Montery release, I cannot turn off the Fenvi Bluetooth.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-10-25 at 5.36.30 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-25 at 5.36.30 PM.png
    26.5 KB · Views: 58
In the Montery release, I cannot turn off the Fenvi Bluetooth.
Bluetooth turns on and off just fine. First thing to try:
  • Cold start -- always good to do this if you have dual boot with Windows and the Broadcom drivers are installed.

Screen Shot 2021-10-25 at 5.29.59 PM.png

Yes. I already had that installed. I tried going back to an older version, but I get an even worse result. The machine takes a rather long pause when it boots and the Apple icon is on the screen and then it boots fine. The Bluetooth button control in the menu bar lets me turn on Bluetooth, but that's it. Can't see any devices at all, including my Apple mouse and keyboard. Like I said, it was working perfectly just before the Monterey upgrade. Is yours working in Monterey with the lastest intelBluetoothFirmeware kext 2.0.1?

Also, I can't seem to stop Opencore from loading like I should be able to at boot by pressing a key. I'm not sure if that happened earlier or at the upgrade because I hadn't tried it in a while. Mouse still works, but keyboard doesn't even though I have it plugged in with a USB/Lighting cable.

Yes. I already had that installed. I tried going back to an older version, but I get an even worse result. The machine takes a rather long pause when it boots and the Apple icon is on the screen and then it boots fine. The Bluetooth button control in the menu bar lets me turn on Bluetooth, but that's it. Can't see any devices at all, including my Apple mouse and keyboard. Like I said, it was working perfectly just before the Monterey upgrade. Is yours working in Monterey with the lastest intelBluetoothFirmeware kext 2.0.1?

Also, I can't seem to stop Opencore from loading like I should be able to at boot by pressing a key. I'm not sure if that happened earlier or at the upgrade because I hadn't tried it in a while. Mouse still works, but keyboard doesn't even though I have it plugged in with a USB/Lighting cable.
Please post screenshot of OpenCore Configurator --> Kernel. This will show the kext configuration.

Bluetooth turns on and off just fine. First thing to try:
  • Cold start -- always good to do this if you have dual boot with Windows and the Broadcom drivers are installed.

View attachment 531987
After a cold boot, it still just keeps spinning and spinning. I'll try clearing the NVRAM and edit this reply.

Update: Cold boot and clearing NVRAM made no difference. Still stuck in the "On" position. Upon further review and refusing to give up, Shift+Option<Bluetooth Preferences yields a new option: Spoiler: Leave unlocked to allow switching on/off the Bluetooth service.

Attachments

• Shift Option to unlock.png
    Shift Option to unlock.png
    56.1 KB · Views: 67
  • Toggle the button then Shift Option to lock.png
    Toggle the button then Shift Option to lock.png
    56.1 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
The UHD630 iGPU can drive 3 external displays:
  • Thunderbolt Port 1 --> use a USC-C to DisplayPort cable --> connect to DP monitor
  • Thunderbolt Port 2 --> use a USC-C to DisplayPort cable --> connect to DP monitor
  • HDMI port --> use HDMI to HDMI cable --> connect to HDMI monitor
If you would like to buy an AMD GPU, unfortunately they will all be extremely expensive. These cards are supported:
  • RX 4xx
  • RX 5xx
  • RX 5xxx
  • RX 6800, 6800 XT, 6900 XT
These cards are not supported at this time:
  • RX 6700, RX 6700 XT
  • RX 6600, RX 6600 XT
Hai @CaseySJ , do nvidia cards support???

Some questions:
  • Are you using the on-board Intel WiFi/BT? Or Fenvi FV-T919 (Broadcom)?
  • Have you tried disabling CpuTscSync.kext from OpenCore Configurator --> Kernel section? (Please ensure that title bar of OpenCore Configurator says 0.7.4 Release Configuration.)
I'm using the Fenvi.
I thought CpuTscSync.kext was disabled by default on OpenCore 0.7.4.
I checked mine, and it's disabled.

Just updated my OC version to 0.7.4 and SMBIOS to Imac 7,1 for Monterrey. Everything is working fine so far except my USB drives and devices are no longer visible. I'm presently using the provided USB SSDTs from this thread, any ideas on why its not visible?

Last edited:
I now have tried it - no difference for me either, same behavior as described by hackintoshron.

Four days ago -at the same time I posted here- there were some changes made to BlueToolFixup, perhaps this will do the trick?

edit: SUCCESS!
With the new BlueToolFixup.kext Bluetooth works for me on Monterey 12.0.1 , v2.6.1 attached.
Bildschirmfoto 2021-10-26 um 12.02.44.png

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2021-10-26 um 09.25.33.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2021-10-26 um 09.25.33.png
    132.4 KB · Views: 62
  • BlueToolFixup.kext.zip
    9.6 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Back