Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

I also don't have this problem all the time but if I select Opencore (or Clover 5141) as the boot partition in the Bios, then I get the said message. And even after an NVRAM reset, I must then select OC 0.7.3 on a key to be able to reboot and then go back to 0.7.4 ...
My SystemProductName is iMacPro1,1 (DRM...) (Apple T2 Security), I know I know that with non T2 there is no such problem...
Rather than default maybe I should try with j137, right?
On my AMD B550 Vision D the System Product Name is iMacPro1,1 and SBM is also set to “Default”. It is also running Monterey Public Beta 10, and boots up properly every time…

However, it’s okay to try j137.

Please check the “Created” or “Last Modified” date on:
  • EFI/BOOT/BOOTx64.efi
  • EFI/OC/OpenCore.efi
Both of these should have an early October date (October 4).

On my AMD B550 Vision D the System Product Name is iMacPro1,1 and SBM is also set to “Default”. It is also running Monterey Public Beta 10, and boots up properly every time…

However, it’s okay to try j137.

Please check the “Created” or “Last Modified” date on:
  • EFI/BOOT/BOOTx64.efi
  • EFI/OC/OpenCore.efi
Both of these should have an early October date (October 4).
Even if you change the boot partition in the bios and then go back to Opencore ? Have you tried selecting OpenCore in BIOS rather than the original disk which contains OC 0.7.4 ?

And since the update in 0.7.4 :
  • EFI/BOOT/BOOTx64.efi is October 4
  • EFI/OC/OpenCore.efi is October 4

Maybe the OpenCore which is in the bios boot comes from OC 0.7.3 ... How to erase it and then have, in the Bios boot choice, the correct OpenCore corresponding to 0.7.4?

Maybe the OpenCore which is in the bios boot comes from OC 0.7.3 ... How to erase it and then have, in the Bios boot choice, the correct OpenCore corresponding to 0.7.4?
We should be able to do this by performing “Reset NVRAM” and booting from the OpenCore 0.7.4 disk by pressing F12 at Gigabyte Splash Screen and selecting the 0.7.4 disk.

We should be able to do this by performing “Reset NVRAM” and booting from the OpenCore 0.7.4 disk by pressing F12 at Gigabyte Splash Screen and selecting the 0.7.4 disk.
It's OK !!! Thank You very much one more time : you're the best !!

I was suggesting an issue with FCPx and the GPU, not the OS. Your screen shot seems to suggest an issue with the latter.
I think it's a problem with something OSX, but not all the programs. At any rate I get 60k in Big Sur, and 100k in Mojave in Geekbench. Both seem normal. I notice the slow speeds when rendering though, that's what made me look into it.

I've attached the EFI I'm using at the moment. I've kind of lost track of what changes I've made at this point. I've even tried installing other EFIs from people using the same board and GPU, but nothing seems to fix the issue.

Some questions:
  • What is the make/model of the macOS NVMe SSD?
  • What is the make/model of the Time Machine SSD?
  • What is the make/model of the Windows SSD?
Whenever we install or remove devices from the motherboard we should always flip power switch on PSU to OFF position or physically disconnect power cable. Otherwise we risk electrical fault.

Having said that, one of my SATA SSDs also failed two weeks ago. Disk Utility could not successfully format the disk even though it connected and appeared in IOReg. The formatting procedure would begin and subsequently fail. Not wanting to take any chances, I replaced the disk. Will see if the warranty is still good — if so, will send it back to manufacturer.
My new MacOS nvme drive is a Samsung 2TB 980 pro. I will hopefully get my 970 plus replaced under warranty. I hope you can get yours replaced too.

All my sata SSDs are Sandisk Ultra 3D. The Time Machine is 4TB, the windows drive is 2TB. My clone drive is also a 2TB, and I have a fourth 2TB one for other data that is still connected.

I’m actually unable to copy most of the data off of the Time Machine SSD. It seems that even though it is in read only, most of the data is corrupted / gone. I was able to get my partners backups off of it, but my MBP backups are corrupted and my hackintosh backups don’t even show up anymore. I’ve never seen this before

My new MacOS nvme drive is a Samsung 2TB 980 pro. I will hopefully get my 970 plus replaced under warranty. I hope you can get yours replaced too.

All my sata SSDs are Sandisk Ultra 3D. The Time Machine is 4TB, the windows drive is 2TB. My clone drive is also a 2TB, and I have a fourth 2TB one for other data that is still connected.

I’m actually unable to copy most of the data off of the Time Machine SSD. It seems that even though it is in read only, most of the data is corrupted / gone. I was able to get my partners backups off of it, but my MBP backups are corrupted and my hackintosh backups don’t even show up anymore. I’ve never seen this before
If macOS no longer boots:
  • If you have another Mac or Hack, it might be worth connecting these drives over there. Because the System and Data volumes are separate, it should be possible to extract everything from every Data volume.
  • Another option would be to install latest Big Sur from scratch on a new SSD (without touching any of the existing SSDs), boot Big Sur, and copy/transfer all data files to the new SSD.
When you say that the backups are "corrupted", what specific indications lead you to this conclusion? I ask because corrupted can be a "continuous variable" with degrees of corruption rather than a "discrete" variable with only two options: Completely Good and Completely Bad.

Back