Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

I was able to install easily 0.7.4 on Mojave which didn't work on 0.7.3. Enabling Vt-d seems to have solved my never ending thunderbolt Blackmagic Ultrastudio HD mini problems which would constantly lag after several minutes. Thanks

I was able to install easily 0.7.4 on Mojave which didn't work on 0.7.3. Enabling Vt-d seems to have solved my never ending thunderbolt Blackmagic Ultrastudio HD mini problems which would constantly lag after several minutes. Thanks
I've always wondered if what is happening could be troubleshot/observed via Xcode<Instruments.

Hi @CaseySJ After the update to the latest OpenCore EFI, I got the black screen on Windows again. No worries, because I remembered you wrote this has to do with AppleVTD which was indeed the solution.

Is it possible, however, that we don't need to perform these changes after the update? Perhaps HackinDROM can help with this setting before the update? If not, then I will make sure it will become part of my own update routine. :)

Hi @CaseySJ Long time no speak. I have a query regarding updating my dual boot Windows 10 / MacOS Big Sur system to be Windows 11 / macOS Big Sur. I booted into Windows - ran the Windows 11 system check tool and it said I needed TPM.. I read here that Intel PTT is the same so I enabled that in the BIOS and booted back into Windows 10 and ran the check again. This time all was good and system meets the requirements.. However, before updating I thought I would reboot into MacOS just to make sure all works well with Intel PTT enabled in the BIOS. This is where it ended for me.. Apple boot logo and progress bar... then screen goes black and monitor shows a no input message. Hmmmm, rebooted and disabled Intel PTT in the BIOS and system boots (via OpenCore picker Menu, I forgot to mention this) in MacOS fine. I'm glad I didn't update Windows yet.. Any idea on what is happening here?

Hi @CaseySJ After the update to the latest OpenCore EFI, I got the black screen on Windows again. No worries, because I remembered you wrote this has to do with AppleVTD which was indeed the solution.

Is it possible, however, that we don't need to perform these changes after the update? Perhaps HackinDROM can help with this setting before the update? If not, then I will make sure it will become part of my own update routine. :)
It might also be worthwhile to try and determine why Windows does not boot when we replace the DMAR table. On all of my Intel-based Hackintoshes there is no problem booting Windows through OpenCore.

On my various systems Windows has its own EFI partition and I haven’t installed any “heavy weight” third party apps. VT-d is enabled in BIOS. Maybe some apps or device drivers are causing Windows to crash when we use the modified DMAR table? Does Windows crash if it’s booted in Safe Mode (F8 I believe)?

Hi @CaseySJ Long time no speak. I have a query regarding updating my dual boot Windows 10 / MacOS Big Sur system to be Windows 11 / macOS Big Sur. I booted into Windows - ran the Windows 11 system check tool and it said I needed TPM.. I read here that Intel PTT is the same so I enabled that in the BIOS and booted back into Windows 10 and ran the check again. This time all was good and system meets the requirements.. However, before updating I thought I would reboot into MacOS just to make sure all works well with Intel PTT enabled in the BIOS. This is where it ended for me.. Apple boot logo and progress bar... then screen goes black and monitor shows a no input message. Hmmmm, rebooted and disabled Intel PTT in the BIOS and system boots (via OpenCore picker Menu, I forgot to mention this) in MacOS fine. I'm glad I didn't update Windows yet.. Any idea on what is happening here?
That is strange because on Z390 Designare with Intel PTT enabled there’s no problem with macOS. Which version of BIOS is installed on your Aorus Xtreme?

Also, which version of OpenCore is installed at the moment?

Hi @CaseySJ I have BIOS version F9i and OC 0.7.3 I’ll update to OC 0.7.4 and see if this helps

UPDATE: I have now updated to OC 0.7.4 and enabled Intel PTT and it now boots into MacOS fine. :) So now to test updating Windows 10 to Windows 11

Last edited:
I have exactly the same case. Here two files for you in case you want to go for the fenvi Bluetooth or the internal Bluetooth . Feel free to play with it :)
Thank you! Looks like your files have the USB2-ON-TB configuration. Honestly I don't require this so I didn't try to use them, but appreciate it none-the-less. :)

Wanted to post an update to the status of my sleep issues. I diffed the Fractal SSDT and the normal SSDT and found that HS11/HS12 were set to 0xFF and Zero (on the fractal). I just updated the regular SSDT provided and changed 0xFF to Zero. This didn't fix the issue unfortunately.

I then tried this fix from the sleep guide: sudo pmset -a tcpkeepalive 0. Rebooted, and this didn't work either.

Finally, I tried @CaseySJ's instructions on how to disable wake from USB using OC. This is working great for me. The computer stays asleep until I'm ready to turn it on again. Exactly what I was after, and I don't mind pressing the power button to turn it on.

I didn't bother trying to trace which USB device was causing the issues. I have a ton of devices hooked up, from a hub, external HDD, webcam, trackball mouse... The wake from USB fix is perfect for my needs :).

Could someone please link to the most up to date OC mini guide? I'm having a hard time finding it. I vaguely remember links being present on the original post, but I can't seem to find them either. Thanks !

Could someone please link to the most up to date OC mini guide? I'm having a hard time finding it. I vaguely remember links being present on the original post, but I can't seem to find them either. Thanks !
No problem — simply go to Post 1 and near the top you will find a spoiler called Quick Reference to Mini-Guides and Micro-Guides. Inside that spoiler you’ll find links to all of the OpenCore mini-guides.

Back