Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Hi all, I have been using this build with a Vega 56 for about a year now and would like to substantially upgrade my graphics. Does anyone know if a Radeon W6800 workstation card would work here? I believe the drivers are already in Bug Sur since the W6800X can be had in the Mac Pro.
Just saw your post...

The Radeon W6800 should work with Big Sur. It's best to be on OpenCore 0.7.4 because WhateverGreen was recently updated to allow GPU device ID spoofing. This means that if your W6800 uses a non-standard device-id, we can easily spoof it to work.

@qsxl,

Your SSDT and config.plist both look okay. But IOReg shows that the SSDT did not work. With both SSDT-TB3.aml and SSDT-DTPG.aml enabled, let's look at the boot log. In Terminal, type this:
Bash:
log show --last boot | head -1500 > ~/Documents/bootlog.txt
This will create a file in Documents folder called bootlog.txt. Please post that file.

Ref post.

Update: Fixed an error -- changed "tail" to "head".
How can I modify my file or how to operate it.

How can I modify my file or how to operate it.
Please run this command (it is different from before) and post the file “bootlog.txt”:
Code:

The latest version of Big Sur is 11.6.1. Do you specifically want to install 11.5.2 instead?

There is a solution to your problem that works when all other methods fail, but it requires another Mac or Hack that is not old enough (i.e. on which Big Sur is supported by Apple). That method goes like this:
  • We take the NVMe SSD out of the non-working Hackintosh and install it in a USB 3.0 enclosure.
    • Alternatively we can use a 2.5" SATA SSD in a USB 3.0 enclosure and later clone it to the internal NVMe SSD on the non-working Hackintosh.
  • We connect this USB 3.0 enclosure to a working Mac or Hack.
  • We run Install macOS Big Sur application on the working Mac or Hack.
  • When the installer starts, select the external USB 3.0 disk as the destination.
  • The installer should be able to complete the installation. A couple of reboots will take place, which is okay.
  • When the process is done, copy the OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI to the EFI partition of the external USB 3.0 disk.
  • Disconnect and mount the USB 3.0 disk to the non-working Hackintosh.
  • Boot the non-working Hackintosh and press F12 at the Gigabyte splash screen.
  • Select the USB 3.0 disk.
  • When OpenCore appears, boot Big Sur from the USB 3.0 disk itself.
  • If it works, use Carbon Copy Cloner to clone the USB 3.0 disk to the internal NVMe SSD.
    • Be sure to use Legacy Bootable Backup and Allow CCC to erase the backup disk
  • Then manually mount the EFI partitions of the external USB 3.0 disk and internal NVMe SSD.
    • Copy the EFI folder from USB 3.0 disk to internal NVMe SSD.
Used this method. Everything is working great. The only issue I have, using the IntelWiFI, my bluetooth keyboard and mouse are not connecting.

Used this method. Everything is working great. The only issue I have, using the IntelWiFI, my bluetooth keyboard and mouse are not connecting.
The Intel Bluetooth drivers are not as robust as Apple’s Broadcom drivers, but they are quite good. What are the names/models of your keyboard and mouse? Have you tried unpairing and re-pairing them? If you have Windows, it will interfere with Bluetooth, so it’s necessary to do a full shutdown (power off and flip switch on PSU to off) before booting macOS.

Please run this command (it is different from before) and post the file “bootlog.txt”:
Code:
I have run the release in attachment 1.txt above

Not sure if this is documented anywhere else, please tell me where else to post this if I should. I am running this build on Mojave. I recently purchased an OWC ThunderBay 8 bay TB3 Raid. This raid needs Softraid 6 software to operate. SR6 XT which ships with the raid will NOT work. Apparently it is because the TB3 ports on the MB present themselves as PCI.. BUT the Softraid 6 Pro version works 100% fine with the Raid. This version of SR is designed to work with both OWC and Non-OWC enclosures.

** Apple Event October 18 **
Finally we get some new Macs!
Maybe support for AMD RX 6600 / 6700? Mobile variants?

Unleashed, on a Monday

Screen Shot 2021-10-12 at 11.39.51 AM.png

Last edited:
Not sure if this is documented anywhere else, please tell me where else to post this if I should. I am running this build on Mojave. I recently purchased an OWC ThunderBay 8 bay TB3 Raid. This raid needs Softraid 6 software to operate. SR6 XT which ships with the raid will NOT work. Apparently it is because the TB3 ports on the MB present themselves as PCI.. BUT the Softraid 6 Pro version works 100% fine with the Raid. This version of SR is designed to work with both OWC and Non-OWC enclosures.
Many Thunderbolt-based storage arrays require the Thunderbolt controller on motherboard to be flashed.

I have run the release in attachment 1.txt above
Please note that all posts on Tonymacx86 must be in English. See Rules:

Screen Shot 2021-10-12 at 10.49.39 AM.png

Your log file shows two errors.

Problem #1:

This shows that SSDT-TB3 is trying to access an object called SL09, which does not exist. The SSDT you posted earlier refers to SL0A, which is correct. So where is SL09 coming from? Most likely you are booting your computer from the wrong EFI folder. Please go to BIOS --> Boot section and check that Boot Disk Priority is correct.

(AppleACPIPlatform)
(AppleACPIPlatform) ACPI Error:
(AppleACPIPlatform) [
SL09]
(AppleACPIPlatform) [
SL09]
(AppleACPIPlatform)
Namespace lookup failure, AE_NOT_FOUND
(AppleACPIPlatform) Namespace lookup failure, AE_NOT_FOUND
(AppleACPIPlatform) (20160930/dswload-292)
(AppleACPIPlatform) (20160930/dswload-292)
(AppleACPIPlatform) ACPI Exception: AE_NOT_FOUND,
(AppleACPIPlatform) During name lookup/catalog
(AppleACPIPlatform) (20160930/psobject-310)
(AppleACPIPlatform) (SSDT:
TBTALPIN) while loading table
(AppleACPIPlatform) (SSDT:
TBTALPIN) while loading table
(AppleACPIPlatform) (20160930/tbxfload-319)

Problem #2:

This shows that SSDT-DTPG is not needed because Method DTGP is already defined by some other SSDT. So you can disable SSDT-DTPG.aml.

(AppleACPIPlatform) [
DTGP]
(AppleACPIPlatform) [
DTGP]
(AppleACPIPlatform) Namespace lookup failure,
AE_ALREADY_EXISTS
(AppleACPIPlatform) Namespace lookup failure, AE_ALREADY_EXISTS
(AppleACPIPlatform) (20160930/dswload-462)
(AppleACPIPlatform) (20160930/dswload-462)
(AppleACPIPlatform) ACPI Exception: AE_ALREADY_EXISTS,
(AppleACPIPlatform) (SSDT: DTPG) while loading table
(AppleACPIPlatform) (SSDT: DTPG) while loading table
(AppleACPIPlatform) 2 table load failures, 9 successful
(AppleACPIPlatform) 2 table load failures, 9 successful

Back