Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Will try that, I might have been using that one earlier with clover (but it's gone now). Is the fractal SSDT the same as the regular one, just with the internal to external USB change?
I have exactly the same case. Here two files for you in case you want to go for the fenvi Bluetooth or the internal Bluetooth . Feel free to play with it :)

Attachments

• Archief.zip
    2.5 KB · Views: 45
So my Hackintosh was working fine (for 2 years now) but today I decided to do a clean OC 0.7.4 + Big Sur 11.5.2 install.

I used HackinDROM to generate my EFI folder, created my bootable USB. I can start the install for macOS but after a few minutes I always get "An error occurred preparing the software update".

Tried different USB Drivers, my Ethernet cable is connected (Safari inside the recovery screen works, so the internet is working) but I always get this error and I can't get rid of it.

Someone can help me with any suggestions?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    64.2 MB · Views: 60
@qsxl,

Your SSDT and config.plist both look okay. But IOReg shows that the SSDT did not work. With both SSDT-TB3.aml and SSDT-DTPG.aml enabled, let's look at the boot log. In Terminal, type this:
Bash:
log show --last boot | head -1500 > ~/Documents/bootlog.txt
This will create a file in Documents folder called bootlog.txt. Please post that file.

Ref post.

Update: Fixed an error -- changed "tail" to "head".

Last edited:
So my Hackintosh was working fine (for 2 years now) but today I decided to do a clean OC 0.7.4 + Big Sur 11.5.2 install.

I used HackinDROM to generate my EFI folder, created my bootable USB. I can start the install for macOS but after a few minutes I always get "An error occurred preparing the software update".

Tried different USB Drivers, my Ethernet cable is connected (Safari inside the recovery screen works, so the internet is working) but I always get this error and I can't get rid of it.

Someone can help me with any suggestions?
Please try the suggestion in this post:

Please try the suggestion in this post:
Tried it and unfortunately, I have the same issue.

Tried it and unfortunately, I have the same issue.
When you say "... created my bootable USB" what specifically does this mean? For example:
  • Did you use GibMacOS to download the full Big Sur 11.5.2 installer package and run the command createinstallmedia in Terminal?
  • If so, please right-click on Install macOS Big Sur (on the USB flash disk) and select Get Info. What is the file size?

When you say "... created my bootable USB" what specifically does this mean? For example:
  • Did you use GibMacOS to download the full Big Sur 11.5.2 installer package and run the command createinstallmedia in Terminal?
  • If so, please right-click on Install macOS Big Sur (on the USB flash disk) and select Get Info. What is the file size?
I used two different methods to download Big Sur. The first method was to download from AppStore and the second method was to use GibMacOS. After downloading I've used createinstallmedia in Terminal.

The file size of Install macOS Big Sur on the USB is 12.466.032.207 bytes (12,45 GB on disk)

I used two different methods to download Big Sur. The first method was to download from AppStore and the second method was to use GibMacOS. After downloading I've used createinstallmedia in Terminal.

The file size of Install macOS Big Sur on the USB is 12.466.032.207 bytes (12,45 GB on disk)
The latest version of Big Sur is 11.6.1. Do you specifically want to install 11.5.2 instead?

There is a solution to your problem that works when all other methods fail, but it requires another Mac or Hack that is not old enough (i.e. on which Big Sur is supported by Apple). That method goes like this:
  • We take the NVMe SSD out of the non-working Hackintosh and install it in a USB 3.0 enclosure.
    • Alternatively we can use a 2.5" SATA SSD in a USB 3.0 enclosure and later clone it to the internal NVMe SSD on the non-working Hackintosh.
  • We connect this USB 3.0 enclosure to a working Mac or Hack.
  • We run Install macOS Big Sur application on the working Mac or Hack.
  • When the installer starts, select the external USB 3.0 disk as the destination.
  • The installer should be able to complete the installation. A couple of reboots will take place, which is okay.
  • When the process is done, copy the OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI to the EFI partition of the external USB 3.0 disk.
  • Disconnect and mount the USB 3.0 disk to the non-working Hackintosh.
  • Boot the non-working Hackintosh and press F12 at the Gigabyte splash screen.
  • Select the USB 3.0 disk.
  • When OpenCore appears, boot Big Sur from the USB 3.0 disk itself.
  • If it works, use Carbon Copy Cloner to clone the USB 3.0 disk to the internal NVMe SSD.
    • Be sure to use Legacy Bootable Backup and Allow CCC to erase the backup disk
  • Then manually mount the EFI partitions of the external USB 3.0 disk and internal NVMe SSD.
    • Copy the EFI folder from USB 3.0 disk to internal NVMe SSD.

Last edited:
The latest version of Big Sur is 11.6.1. Do you specifically want to install 11.5.2 instead?
I have no problem with installing 11.6.1 but I can't find this version in gibMacOS. If I redownload it from AppStore, will it be on 11.6.1?

HackinDROM v2.0.4 is released, please update!
Screenshot 2021-10-10 at 19.16.17.png

or from Github
or from the server

Back