Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Hm. If I change something in OC, I need to cold boot otherwise my UAD card is missing.
What about BIOS > Thunderbolt configuration you may changed them?

Sometimes im thinking about stopping to support app's development as there's various bugs, its cool to have positive feedbacks
Dude, it´s great and it really helped bringing the hackintosh thing to the next level. Thing is people sometimes take efforts like these for granted. I am sure though everyone would miss this cool little app.

Im happy that HackinDROM works fine for you
Sometimes im thinking about stopping to support app's development as there's various bugs, its cool to have positive feedbacks
HackinDROM (both the App and website) has become indispensable for many of us because of the monthly OpenCore updates. Imagine how much harder and error-prone our Hackintosh lives would be if every one of us had to manually update our EFI folders every month and deal with schema changes, new parameters, removed parameters, changed behavior of existing parameters, new EFI drivers, new kernel extensions, new OpenCanopy resources, and the list goes on.

In a way it is good to see a lot of posts when HackinDROM does *not* start up because it shows how much we are counting on it.

Imagine how much harder and error-prone our Hackintosh lives would be if every one of us had to manually update our EFI folders every month and deal with schema changes, new parameters, removed parameters, changed behavior of existing parameters, new EFI drivers, new kernel extensions, new OpenCanopy resources, and the list goes on.
but that is the fun of hackintoshing

but that is the fun of hackintoshing
Many of our users are audio, video, and photo professionals. For them the Hackintosh is a business tool. Its modularity allows them to build something tailored to their needs, that meets both power and cost considerations. Downtime is not a luxury they can afford. They won’t update every month, but they will update with some regularity to avoid getting too far behind.

The enthusiast and the hacker, however, might skip the easy route and avoid HackinDROM. That is always their choice.

HackinDROM, in other words, gives us options. It does not remove choice, but provides a choice that would not otherwise exist.

In a way it is good to see a lot of posts when HackinDROM does *not* start up because it shows how much we are counting on it.
Negative feedbacks are always welcome, only with that I can improve the app!

HackinDROM (both the App and website) has become indispensable for many of us because of the monthly OpenCore updates. Imagine how much harder and error-prone our Hackintosh lives would be if every one of us had to manually update our EFI folders every month and deal with schema changes, new parameters, removed parameters, changed behavior of existing parameters, new EFI drivers, new kernel extensions, new OpenCanopy resources, and the list goes on.

I normally leave bootloaders alone for a long time, unless there's real progress. I clung to Clover for a long time. Why change bootloaders if they just work?
With OC it is the same as with Apple, fast forward all the time.
I have upgraded to OC 0.7.4/MacOS 11.6 so I can upgrade Logic Pro X to the latest version. When everything is stable again, which unfortunately is not yet the case, I will not upgrade OS or bootloader for the next 2 years or so.

I appreciate the work everybody puts in, my Hack works well enough to get work done. Thank you very much.

But I don't appreciate the frantic pace of updates and upgrades and changes that I don't care about, the make it easy for my mother-in-law stuff. I need a rock-steady and potent workstation for producing media. But Apple wants more mother-in-laws buying their stuff.

Back