Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Anyone still in Catalina tried O.C 0.7.4?

I'm not able to boot, after the OC picker the computer reboots into system recovery image

Disabled SSDT-DMAR , but still no luck

Anyone still in Catalina tried O.C 0.7.4?

I'm not able to boot, after the OC picker the computer reboots into system recovery image

Disabled SSDT-DMAR , but still no luck
Please try this:
  • Check config.plist for the following:
    • Is SecureBootModel set to Default?
    • Is AdviseFeatures checkbox enabled?
    • Is OpenUsbKbDxe.efi disabled?
    • Also check settings of UEFI —> APFS
  • Change SecureBootModel to j137 if above settings don’t help.

Last edited:
Please try this:
  • Check config.plist for the following:
    • Is SecureBootModel set to Default?
    • Is AdviseFeatures checkbox enabled?
    • Is OpenUsbKbDxe.efi disabled?
    • Also check settings of UEFI —> APFS

All those settings seems ok, but no luck

• Change SecureBootModel to j137 if above settings don’t help.
with j137

OCSB: No suitable signature - Security Violation
OCB: Apple Secure Boot prohibits this boot entry, enforcing!
DCB: LoadImage failed - Security Violation

The only paremeter I've change in your EFI : crs-active-config= E7030000 ( as I did in previous OC releases)

Are you running 9.14.7 that contained a firmware update?
Yes. I had to really destroy all evidence of previous UAD2 software from my hack, then I rebooted and switched of SIP. Then installed an older version. Test. Upgrade/Install 9.14.7. Reboot. Test more. Reboot. Switch SIP back on.
Then it worked, also after a reboot/power off. Until yesterday. Got a pixelated screen(hardly saw these under Mojave).
Had to force a reboot with the on/off switch. Now the UAD2 card is no longer seen, and booting takes minutes.

Yes. I had to really destroy all evidence of previous UAD2 software from my hack, then I rebooted and switched of SIP. Then installed an older version. Test. Upgrade/Install 9.14.7. Reboot. Test more. Reboot. Switch SIP back on.
Then it worked, also after a reboot/power off. Until yesterday. Got a pixelated screen(hardly saw these under Mojave).
Had to force a reboot with the on/off switch. Now the UAD2 card is no longer seen, and booting takes minutes.

Made me think of switching to Linux again...

All those settings seems ok, but no luck

with j137

OCSB: No suitable signature - Security Violation
OCB: Apple Secure Boot prohibits this boot entry, enforcing!
DCB: LoadImage failed - Security Violation

The only paremeter I've change in your EFI : crs-active-config= E7030000 ( as I did in previous OC releases)
Does SecureBootModel = Disabled help?

Does SecureBootModel = Disabled help?

Yes, now it's working!

so maybe it's advisable to put a warning for Catalina users?

Thanks a lot!

Yes, now it's working!

so maybe it's advisable to put a warning for Catalina users?

Thanks a lot!
I am testing this now on my Z490 Vision D. With SecureBootModel set to Default, I was also unable to boot Catalina. Running a few more tests now before I update the mini-guide.

** Catalina Users **

If you're on OpenCore 0.7.4 please change SecureBootModel to Disabled. Mini-guide has been updated accordingly.

@zipb

I've got 9.14.5 installed which worked fine until I've started changing so many things in my system while trying to get rid of the ominous 40 second AVB disconnects. I really cannot tell for sure what has caused UAD to get instable but will report back once I crack the disconnection issue.

Back