Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

dont use HackinDROM v2.0.0 Beta to update to 0.7.4, UEFI> Drivers are duplicated
Will patch this soon

Just added a warning to each of the new mini-guides:

Screen Shot 2021-10-04 at 1.33.10 PM.png

Was it a server-side change only, or do we need to download a new version of HackinDROM?
Change was made on server-side which allow us to update safely to 0.7.4.
However if user update from 0.7.3 to 0.7.4 his custom UEFI > Drivers > "Comment" value will not be kept.
Will publish an update for the app to handle that too

All,

Whenever an OpenCore schema change takes place in the future, we'll run additional tests to minimize the chances of this type of problem.

Apologies for the inconvenience this caused. If anyone needs assistance with recovery, please let me know.

Change was made on server-side which allow us to update safely to 0.7.4.
However if user update from 0.7.3 to 0.7.4 his custom UEFI > Drivers > "Comment" value will not be kept.
Will publish an update for the app to handle that too

Just chiming in that this now worked and the files weren't duplicated.

That was an unbelievably rapid fix! Thank you.

With OpenCore 0.7.4 we can easily install latest Monterey Public Beta #8 without any EFI modifications/hacks.

Screen Shot 2021-10-04 at 2.36.13 PM.png

HackinDROM v2.0.1 is now released

In this version auto-update is disabled until I find a better implementation, instead a button to download the new version of the app will be shown

Fixes for UEFI > Drivers.

OpenCore:
For those who have
UEFI -> Drivers -> "OpenUsbKbDxe.efi" and
UEFI->Input->KeySupport both Enabled,
Disable "OpenUsbKbDxe.efi" before updating to 0.7.4 because HackinDROM keeps your custom configuration during the update!

HackinDROM v2.0.1 is now released

In this version auto-update is disabled until I find a better implementation, instead a button to download the new version of the app will be shown

Fixes for UEFI > Drivers.

OpenCore:
For those who have
UEFI -> Drivers -> "OpenUsbKbDxe.efi" and
UEFI->Input->KeySupport both Enabled,
Disable "OpenUsbKbDxe.efi" before updating to 0.7.4 because HackinDROM keeps your custom configuration during the update!
Pictorially...
Screen Shot 2021-10-04 at 3.00.47 PM.png

Back