Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Thanks for the reply.

Cold starts seem to only remedy the issue temporarily.
Good to go with the BIOS version.
Here are my KERNEL & ACPI pages in opencore.
View attachment 529791

View attachment 529792

I do use a lot of USB devices, but things worked previously, most of which are low bandwidth MIDI devices.
OpenCore configuration is okay. Some comments:
  • Do you think the problem started with Big Sur 11.6?
  • Do you think the problem started with OpenCore 0.7.3?
  • Have you seen this post?

OpenCore configuration is okay. Some comments:
  • Do you think the problem started with Big Sur 11.6?
  • Do you think the problem started with OpenCore 0.7.3?
  • Have you seen this post?

My shutdown issue began in OC 0.6.9 and has been there ever since.
My USB issues began in Big Sur 11.6 - right away, post update.
I've taken the steps in that post in the past. All my USB 2.0 devices are running through a USB 2.0 hub and that is attached to a USB 2.0 MOBO port on the rear.

FWIW, with Big Sur 11.6 (20G165) and OpenCore 073 and 074:

When I click About This Mac and hit the Software Update button, the screen goes black for about 5 seconds before displaying this:
Black Screen on Update Check.png

If I try the same function only a few minutes later, then no black screen. If I try it hours later, black screen again. I am not using iCloud accounts or services on this machine.

Attachments

• EFI OC 073 and 074.zip
    11.4 MB · Views: 38
I think that Win11 is nothing more than GUI changes to make Windows look more modern and an effort to sell new PCs. That's why they've set the hardware requirements so high. They expect everyone to have an 8th gen or better CPU and TPM 2.0 support. In the real world though, any 8-10 year old PC with enough ram and an i3 or better could run Windows 11.
Exactly.

I have always thought once Windows 11 was announced that its "artificial" hardware requirements are ridiculous.

My own Windows PC, built in 2016, which is still a powerful PC with an 8 core CPU and 64 GB RAM, is not officially supported by Windows 11. Do I care? Not one bit.

Is anyone else having issues with their Radeon card not getting utilized for video rendering? I noticed a slowdown in workflow recently and I'm not sure what I broke in OpenCore. Compressor/Final Cut both use the CPU much more than the GPU, and according to VideoProc my GPU is recognized and ready to be utilized.

I'm using OC 7.3, Big Sur 11.6.1, and a Radeon VII. I've tried both iMacPro1,1 and Imac19,0, but I had the issue since OC 6.9 at least.

Is anyone else having issues with their Radeon card not getting utilized for video rendering? I noticed a slowdown in workflow recently and I'm not sure what I broke in OpenCore. Compressor/Final Cut both use the CPU much more than the GPU, and according to VideoProc my GPU is recognized and ready to be utilized.

I'm using OC 7.3, Big Sur 11.6.1, and a Radeon VII. I've tried both iMacPro1,1 and Imac19,0, but I had the issue since OC 6.9 at least.
I haven’t had video issues since 0.6.9 but I’ve had other issues. I’m using a 5700xt though. Currently my USB is a little borked and shutdown won’t work for me properly.

I haven’t had video issues since 0.6.9 but I’ve had other issues. I’m using a 5700xt though. Currently my USB is a little borked and shutdown won’t work for me properly.
Regarding shutdown, some have had success by disabling Wake on LAN in BIOS.

I've done a few searches without luck and have likely missed the discussions on this. Has anyone found how to get Apple lossless music and atmos to work? I am running an AMD gpu, couple threads were mentioned that but I could make sense of them

Your Radeon card is toast. I’ll buy it from you for $50.

Can you test its usage via Compressor and/or FCPX?

Back