Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

@NCMacGuy MacGuy Thanks for your information, but I was in doubt and could not do as above. Download the 0.74 release file, but inside the folder is a huge amount of folders and files, which I don't know which ones are correct to replace, have x64, IA31 and Utilities folders? Could you tell me which correct files should be replaced? Thanks,
@Rag

Open the X64 folder, then the EFI folder. I copied and pasted replacing the indicated files into my EFI folder in the equivalent positions:

BOOTx64.efi
OpenCore.efi

The entire Tools folder (over-kill, one only needs the ones specified in your config.plist)
All Drivers folder .efi files in your current Drivers folders

There were no updated Kexts at the time.

Copy the indicated files:

OpenCore 0.7.4 Release.png

You will also need to open your EFI config.plist file with the latest OpenCore Configurator app which is set to "0.7.4 Development Configuration." I opened the PlatformInfo and UEFI sections and change and reset a random value to force OpenCore Configurator to think it needs to Save the config.plist so it will save the file in the OC 0.7.4 format.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
@Rag

Open the X64 folder, then the EFI folder. I copied and pasted replacing the indicated files into my EFI folder in the equivalent positions:

Hope that helps.
Thanks !!! this work now... I install and test two operation.. and work now ! 1. clean hard disk and install Monterey zero... ! and 2 .. Update my system and Work !

Hi everyone,

Some times ago, I installed Catalina (10.15.6) with Clover. Now, I try to install Big Sur, so I followed the Mini-Guide. I have native Nvram and F9b Bios. I am stucked to the stage replace Clover by OpenCore. I tried to follow the Mini-Guide ** Mini-Guide: How to Replace Clover with OpenCore ** with OC 0.73. HackinDROM crashed on launch, so I tried to make a config.plist using the website.

When I tried to boot from a USB drive with OC, I see the boot menu, I can select the drive "Catalina", and then I see the white apple, but nothing happens, no loading bar.

I've tried many thing but I feel discouraged.

Could you help me ?

Thanks,

Lesabendio

Hi everyone,

Some times ago, I installed Catalina (10.15.6) with Clover. Now, I try to install Big Sur, so I followed the Mini-Guide. I have native Nvram and F9b Bios. I am stucked to the stage replace Clover by OpenCore. I tried to follow the Mini-Guide ** Mini-Guide: How to Replace Clover with OpenCore ** with OC 0.73. HackinDROM crashed on launch, so I tried to make a config.plist using the website.

When I tried to boot from a USB drive with OC, I see the boot menu, I can select the drive "Catalina", and then I see the white apple, but nothing happens, no loading bar.

I've tried many thing but I feel discouraged.

Could you help me ?

Thanks,

Lesabendio
Please check if BIOS --> Boot --> CFG-Lock is disabled. With this particular OpenCore configuration, macOS will not boot if CFG-Lock is enabled.

Hm. I seem to have lost my builtin Thunderbolt ports after upgrading to 11.6. They worked fine in Mojave, and they also worked directly after the upgrade. But now both ports are dead. Any ideas?

Hm. I seem to have lost my builtin Thunderbolt ports after upgrading to 11.6. They worked fine in Mojave, and they also worked directly after the upgrade. But now both ports are dead. Any ideas?
The whole Thunderbolt part was missing in the BIOS?! After a power off for 30 seconds and a reboot, TB was visible in the BIOS again, and stuff worked after that.

Can't imagine this has something to do with a MacOS software update. Must have been a coincidence.

The whole Thunderbolt part was missing in the BIOS?! After a power off for 30 seconds and a reboot, TB was visible in the BIOS again, and stuff worked after that.

Can't imagine this has something to do with a MacOS software update. Must have been a coincidence.
Something like this happens very occasionally to many of us. But if this occurs repeatedly then it could be a cause for alarm.

To install the beta 7 of Monterey I did like this:

1) Boot on EFI from a USB key: OC 0.7.3—> with original SMBIOS (for me iMacPro1,1) I only changed SecureBootModel from disabled to j160 -> reboot -> appearance of the update up to date (without iCloud and Cie pb)

2) Download of the update (during the download -> on the EFI of the key change for an SMBIOS 17.1 and return to SecureBootModel: disabled) (like that no iCloud et Cie pb)

3) 1st reboot

4) 2nd reboot on temporary Macintosh HD

5) macintosh tempo disappeared, automatic reboot on disk to update

6) before the new (and last) reboot of the update (the one where it ends up appearing that there are still 10 'left): opening bios and selection of the efi containing the OC with SMBIOS that I like (for my part iMacPro1,1), so no pb iCloud et Cie with the ß7.

Something like this happens very occasionally to many of us. But if this occurs repeatedly then it could be a cause for alarm.
It had me chasing some driver incompatibility in 11.6 first. Lots of these, BTW.
When I had this disappearing TB problem, PCI devices in About This Mac looked weird too.

I had something similar two weeks ago: after sleep, my Samsung SSD (connected to red USB 3.1 gen2) and my Presonus Quantum 2626 AI weren’t responding! A complete shutdown and a reboot cured this. Some gremlins I guess…

Back