Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

@CaseySJ Thanks for the info above. Ok, I used the prebuilt OpenCore 0.7.3 EFI and manually configured the config.plist to include the platform identifiers. Now I at least get to the picker GUI. As soon as I choose the boot disk and hit enter, it doesn't get very far (see screenshot). My system specs are Designare (BIOS F8), i9-9900k, RX5700 XT.
Please check if CFG-Lock is Disabled in BIOS Setup --> Boot section.

Hi, I tried to upgrade from opencore 0.6.7 to 0.7.3 with mojave but I keep getting this message about apple boot security. Any ideas ?
I set securebootmodel to j137.
Some questions:
  • Which version of macOS are you running?
  • What is your System Product Name? iMac19,1 or iMacPro1,1 or ...?

@CaseySJ
Good morning, I don't know if it's the place, but I'm downloading the new Monterey beta, is it possible to run with the current 0.73, or I would have to make some change. If the subject cannot be discussed here, I apologize and you can delete. Thanks

Is anyone having problems installing Monterey public beta 7 on this Designare Z390 build? Until beta 7 I have had no problems installing updates via Software Update.

The update was downloaded (via Content Casing where beta 7 had been downloaded and cached to an iMac). Software update went through the 30 minute preparation stage, then did a brief display of the Apple logo and progress bar, then rebooted to the OC picker, and OC pre-selected the Install HD (or whatever it was named.) Then the Apple logo and progress bar were displayed doing about 10 minutes of processing.

Then another reboot to the OC picker. In previous installs the Install HD icon in the picker disappeared and the Monterey drive was pre-selected for additional processing. With beta 7 the Install HD remained displayed, but the Monterey drive was pre-selected and booted.

However the hack was booted back to the Monterey desktop and the drive was not updated.

I have tried doing the update using csr settings of E7030000, 67000000, and 00000000 without success.

It looks like I should try doing a straight download from Apple servers and try again unless someone has other suggestions.

@Rag @NCMacGuy

As @Feartech mentioned, Monterey Public Beta 7 will not install using OpenCore 0.7.3. Fortunately a solution was added to OpenCore, which will be available next month when 0.7.4 is officially released. If you would like to install Beta 7 before that time, then the latest interim build needs to be installed from the link provided.

It may also be necessary to enable Advise Features and set OpenCore Configurator to 0.7.4 Development Version, as shown:
Screen Shot 2021-09-23 at 11.45.43 AM.png

On Z490 Vision D we successfully installed Monterey Public Beta 7 yesterday:

Last edited:
@Rag @NCMacGuy

As @Feartech mentioned, Monterey Public Beta 7 will not install using OpenCore 0.7.3. Fortunately a solution was added to OpenCore, which will be available next month when 0.7.4 is officially released. If you would like to install Beta 7 before that time, then the latest interim build needs to be installed from the link provided.

It may also be necessary to enable Advise Features and set OpenCore Configurator to 0.7.4 Development Version, as shown:
View attachment 529554
Advise Features don't need it anymore.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    141.8 KB · Views: 48

View attachment 529554

@CaseySJ @Feartech

Thank you both for your guidance, it worked as you suggested! My Z390 Designair is now running Monterey Public Beta 7. :)

I downloaded the OpenCore 0.7.4 RELEASE file, upgraded OpenCore Configurator to the latest version and changed it to "0.7.4 Development Configuration." I copied my current EFI to a USB thumb drive and changed the appropriate files in my EFI/OC folder for OC 0.7.4. I then enabled "Revise Features" in OC Config as suggested, I figured it wouldn't hurt if it wasn't needed. The test USB booted fine with the OC 0.7.4 and config.plist file.

I then copied the new EFI folder to my Monterey boot drive, and proceeded to install Monterey Beta 7 successfully. The update ran just like the previous betas had.

Next time I will avoid the "bleeding edge!"

@CaseySJ @Feartech

Thank you both for your guidance, it worked as you suggested! My Z390 Designair is now running Monterey Public Beta 7. :)

I downloaded the OpenCore 0.7.4 RELEASE file, upgraded OpenCore Configurator to the latest version and changed it to "0.7.4 Development Configuration." I copied my current EFI to a USB thumb drive and changed the appropriate files in my EFI/OC folder for OC 0.7.4. I then enabled "Revise Features" in OC Config as suggested, I figured it wouldn't hurt if it wasn't needed. The test USB booted fine with the OC 0.7.4 and config.plist file.

I then copied the new EFI folder to my Monterey boot drive, and proceeded to install Monterey Beta 7 successfully. The update ran just like the previous betas had.

Next time I will avoid the "bleeding edge!"
Please tell me, what SMBIOS you used when updated?

Is anyone having problems installing Monterey public beta 7 on this Designare Z390 build? Until beta 7 I have had no problems installing updates via Software Update.

The update was downloaded (via Content Casing where beta 7 had been downloaded and cached to an iMac). Software update went through the 30 minute preparation stage, then did a brief display of the Apple logo and progress bar, then rebooted to the OC picker, and OC pre-selected the Install HD (or whatever it was named.) Then the Apple logo and progress bar were displayed doing about 10 minutes of processing.

Then another reboot to the OC picker. In previous installs the Install HD icon in the picker disappeared and the Monterey drive was pre-selected for additional processing. With beta 7 the Install HD remained displayed, but the Monterey drive was pre-selected and booted.

However the hack was booted back to the Monterey desktop and the drive was not updated.

I have tried doing the update using csr settings of E7030000, 67000000, and 00000000 without success.

It looks like I should try doing a straight download from Apple servers and try again unless someone has other suggestions.
After the update has finished downloading, restart but select the temporary "Macintosh HD" icon for boot in the Open Core picker.

Attachments

• Info.png
    Info.png
    44.2 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Some questions:
  • Which version of macOS are you running?
  • What is your System Product Name? iMac19,1 or iMacPro1,1 or ...?

Running Mojave 10.14.6 with iMac19,1

I copied my current EFI to a USB thumb drive and changed the appropriate files in my EFI/OC folder for OC 0.7.4. I then enabled "Revise Features" in OC Config as suggested, I figured it wouldn't hurt if it wasn't needed. The test USB booted fine with the OC 0.7.4 and config.plist file.
@NCMacGuy MacGuy Thanks for your information, but I was in doubt and could not do as above. Download the 0.74 release file, but inside the folder is a huge amount of folders and files, which I don't know which ones are correct to replace, have x64, IA31 and Utilities folders? Could you tell me which correct files should be replaced? Thanks,

Back