Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

** Mini-Guide for Flashing SPI ROM Chips using 3.3V CH341A Programmer **
Please do not quote the entire mini-guide. Post a link instead.
Wow! I don’t know why I’d never seen this post before! Its awesome! I just ordered all the stuff to ensamble the flasher. Thanks so much for this!
Do you know if there are any ROM available for flashing an Asus ThunderboltEX III card?
Cheers!

Sorry, I can't speak English. I want to ask if there is a complete EFI configuration file or GitHub publishing address!

Gigabyte Designare Z390​

Secure Boot Violation
"Invalid signature detected. Check Secure Boot Policy in Setup"

My Z390 is dual boot, Windows 10 & macOS, and with OC 0.7.2.

I couldn't resist (after making full backups first) and upgraded to Windows 11, (shockingly, everything works perfectly in Windows 11... so far). This however required me to Enable Secure Boot and TPM.

However... upon boot I no longer am getting OC, it goes directly to Windows 11, but before that, I get two instances of:

Secure Boot Violation

I click on each of the two OK buttons, and then it goes into Windows 11.

Has anyone encountered this yet? Looking for how to resolve.

Side note: Unlike prior "new versions" of Windows, (such as Windows H8), Windows 11 is really nice! I'm really liking it a lot, and as previously stated, NO issues. I was able to do an upgrade on my Z390 and no issues, everything works, and Windows 11 is fully Activated. It's crazy. I also was able to use the same Windows 11 USB flash drive I created to do a clean install on a different machine. I bought a new Windows 10 key from UR CD KEY DOT COM and was able to use that new key for the clean install of Windows 11, and fully Activated. Very pleased... Just need to resolve the annoying Secure Boot Violations so I can get back to OC and macOS now.

Thanks all!

Secure Boot Violation

My Z390 is dual boot, Windows 10 & macOS, and with OC 0.7.2.

I couldn't resist (after making full backups first) and upgraded to Windows 11, (shockingly, everything works perfectly in Windows 11... so far). This however required me to Enable Secure Boot and TPM.

However... upon boot I no longer am getting OC, it goes directly to Windows 11, but before that, I get two instances of:

Secure Boot Violation

I click on each of the two OK buttons, and then it goes into Windows 11.

Has anyone encountered this yet? Looking for how to resolve.

Side note: Unlike prior "new versions" of Windows, (such as Windows H8), Windows 11 is really nice! I'm really liking it a lot, and as previously stated, NO issues. I was able to do an upgrade on my Z390 and no issues, everything works, and Windows 11 is fully Activated. It's crazy. I also was able to use the same Windows 11 USB flash drive I created to do a clean install on a different machine. I bought a new Windows 10 key from UR CD KEY DOT COM and was able to use that new key for the clean install of Windows 11, and fully Activated. Very pleased... Just need to resolve the annoying Secure Boot Violations so I can get back to OC and macOS now.

Thanks all!
Can you share EFI? I'm also this motherboard

Hey all, I hope you can help me with this (imho) minor issue.

Setup is: two NVMEs with each it's own OS (Windows 10/MacOS BigSur)

Since I updated to OC 0.7.3 from 0.6.9, I cannot boot windows 10 from the OC picker. MacOS boots and works flewlessley, but when I try windows, it just shows the windows splash logo (in full resolution) and doesn't continue (no further errors, just stuck).

However, when I boot windows directly from it's own NVME by choosing it over F12 boot menu, Windows boots up without a problem. Interrestingly the windows splash screen is now low resolution, but that's just a side note.

I know there was a change in the way OC handles NVRAM somewhere after 0.6.9, so I obviously tried to clear NVRAM, I tried to erase all boot entries in BIOS and set only the UEFI where OC is installed, tried different scenarios within BIOS boot order, but no luck.

Where should I look next?

thank you so much!

Hey all, I hope you can help me with this (imho) minor issue.

Setup is: two NVMEs with each it's own OS (Windows 10/MacOS BigSur)

Since I updated to OC 0.7.3 from 0.6.9, I cannot boot windows 10 from the OC picker. MacOS boots and works flewlessley, but when I try windows, it just shows the windows splash logo (in full resolution) and doesn't continue (no further errors, just stuck).

However, when I boot windows directly from it's own NVME by choosing it over F12 boot menu, Windows boots up without a problem. Interrestingly the windows splash screen is now low resolution, but that's just a side note.

I know there was a change in the way OC handles NVRAM somewhere after 0.6.9, so I obviously tried to clear NVRAM, I tried to erase all boot entries in BIOS and set only the UEFI where OC is installed, tried different scenarios within BIOS boot order, but no luck.

Where should I look next?

thank you so much!
Please try enabling VT-d in BIOS. If that does not help, then it’s necessary to disable AppleVTD by following a short procedure described in the link that appears in the Mini-Guide for OpenCore 0.7.3.

Sorry, I can't speak English. I want to ask if there is a complete EFI configuration file or GitHub publishing address!

Gigabyte Designare Z390​

Please see Quick Reference spoiler at the top of Post 1.

Back