Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Trying to update from 11.4 to 11.5.2 and having some little problems.

First trying to update from OC 0.6.9 to 0.7.2 using the HackinDROM approach in this thread, but HackinDROM thinks I am running an OC Beta (Hackintool reports as 0.6.9):

I suppose I could try to do the OS update with 0.6.9, but the recommendation here seems to be to update OC first.

Was also thinking to get around to changing boot drive from Catalina to Big Sur, tried that via Finder/Get Info/Name, but the change didn't port right over to the Data drive so I got scared and changed it back. Not sure if that was the cause, but now I have an Update folder in the Finder, did I do something to get that and/or what is it?

Like @CaseySJ I have separate system and data drives, in my Documents folder there is now a Library folder for which I do not have permissions, but in my home folder the Library is there and accessible. My Data drive grew a new folder with the offending Library folder, FYI (screenshot below). My Internet account settings all got turned off somehow, maybe booting to my backup drive did that, I dunno. So Mail, Calendar, all had no content, which was fixed by ticking appropriate boxes in the Internet Account Settings.

Unrelated to these, for the life of me I can't get an update to the UEFI boot order to stick. Not a big deal picking manually, but annoying. When I go into UEFI I change the boot order, then save and exit, and the change does not stick …
Its a known issue please follow quoted post to make your EFI updatable
We can fake it to 0.7.0 then it will allow you to update to 0.7.1, see attached files.

if you dont have 0.7.2 update that means the admin who manages your build didn't yet uploaded OC 0.7.2 to HackinDROM.
Follow related posts for more info

Its a known issue please follow quoted post to make your EFI updatable

Follow related posts for more info
Sorry I did not find your posts on this on my own, and thanks for the direction, updated to 0.7.2 with your help!

I'm having a frustrating issue. I'm trying to do some testing with my new 3080 Ti in Windows. I need to get Re-sizeable BAR working again, and I am having a real struggle with that. The option will NOT show up in BIOS anymore, and I for sure saw it before.

I HAVE been running on F9i (modified) so my Hack and UA audio gear would all work, and it has been. So I flashed up to F9j (knowing I can't leave it like that and have my Hack work, but I'm doing this testing ATM). But even with F9j back, and doing the Load Optimized Defaults first, and then restarting and making my changes, the Re-BAR option is still MISSING.

Anyone know anything about this and how to get the Re-Bar option to return?

And what caused my Motherboard ID to be changed to what it is showing in X1?

And also my board in places is identified as: Acidanthera iMac19,1

Could these be related to this issue?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Precision X1.jpg
    Precision X1.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 46
I'm having a frustrating issue. I'm trying to do some testing with my new 3080 Ti in Windows. I need to get Re-sizeable BAR working again, and I am having a real struggle with that. The option will NOT show up in BIOS anymore, and I for sure saw it before.

I HAVE been running on F9i (modified) so my Hack and UA audio gear would all work, and it has been. So I flashed up to F9j (knowing I can't leave it like that and have my Hack work, but I'm doing this testing ATM). But even with F9j back, and doing the Load Optimized Defaults first, and then restarting and making my changes, the Re-BAR option is still MISSING.

Anyone know anything about this and how to get the Re-Bar option to return?

And what caused my Motherboard ID to be changed to what it is showing in X1?

And also my board in places is identified as: Acidanthera iMac19,1

Could these be related to this issue?

Thanks!
Could it be a NVRAM issue? Can you reset the NVRAM from the Open Core menu? If that doesn't work, I wonder if clearing the CMOS would bring back the resizable bar parameter. In a related manner, I've had the Z370's BIOS' Thunderbolt options disappear in F11-F14b, even though Thunderbolt is addressable in Windows.

Could it be a NVRAM issue? Can you reset the NVRAM from the Open Core menu? If that doesn't work, I wonder if clearing the CMOS would bring back the resizable bar parameter. In a related manner, I've had the Z370's BIOS' Thunderbolt options disappear in F11-F14b, even though Thunderbolt is addressable in Windows.
Thank you very much. I did try clearing the CMOS by shorting the two pins, and even reflashing after that.

I forgot the process for clearing the NVRAM with Open Core. How do I do that?

Last edited:
Thank you very much. I did try clearing the CMOS by shorting the two pins, and even reflashing after that.

I for got the process for clearing the NVRAM with Open Core. How do I do that?
hit Space in OpenCanopy then a new option "Clear NVRAM" will appear

hit Space in OpenCanopy then a new option "Clear NVRAM" will appear
I don't believe I have OpenCanopy, just Open Core 0.7.2. I know I was able to do it before in Open Core, but can't remember how to do it. I've done some searching as well, and still haven't found it. I know it was simple, but how to do it?

I don't believe I have OpenCanopy, just Open Core 0.7.2. I know I was able to do it before in Open Core, but can't remember how to do it. I've done some searching as well, and still haven't found it. I know it was simple, but how to do it?
hold alt button when turning on machine, opencore picker should show up

This is OpenCanopy, OpenCore's GUI
gui-nouveau.8ad4a7b4.png

Don’t you have some utilities hijacking standard shortcuts?
Not really, just normal changing of keyboard layout. I'm not sure how a hijacked shortcut would even create the effect I described though.

Back