Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Does anyone know how to get OC0.7.2 to default to a specific volume? I've tried a few options but none seem to stick. :banghead:

Thank you @CaseySJ for the reply and the info!

YES! I told a friend of mine about the big nVidia dump at BestBuys. He went to the one in West LA at 11301 Pico. He waited in line since about 8PM yesterday and today he was rewarded with an nVidia 3090 FE at MSRP. He is VERY happy as he did not think he could get a new GPU for MONTHS. He primarily will be using it for Premiere, but he also games pretty hard too.
nVidia's Founder's Edition cards have such an awesome industrial design that I would buy one (only at MSRP) just for keeps! I could always wait for RTX 40-series... :)

And best of luck to you @CaseySJ on your next attempt at YOUR GPU from the AMD site! :headbang:
Thanks! AMD's queue system was quite fun, but I think I messed up somewhere... Will certainly try again.

Does anyone know how to get OC0.7.2 to default to a specific volume? I've tried a few options but none seem to stick. :banghead:
...or were you asking about loading the EFI from a particular volume?

Attachments

• Z390_Advanced_Boot_EFI_select.jpg
    Z390_Advanced_Boot_EFI_select.jpg
    675.1 KB · Views: 50
nVidia's Founder's Edition cards have such an awesome industrial design that I would buy one (only at MSRP) just for keeps! I could always wait for RTX 40-series... :)

Thanks! AMD's queue system was quite fun, but I think I messed up somewhere... Will certainly try again.
The BestBuy my friend went to had 25 3090s! He was about the 90th person in line (AFTER all the @*#~ cutters!) and he STILL got the 3rd 3090! They probably still have some in stock today... or maybe not by now.

Let us know once you are triumphant and KNOW your card will be coming to you! :D

@CODYQX4 @Lukey1979

Both of you have or had a Logitech Brio 4K webcam. Did you try it with FaceTime?
The fact that he can't see the other person either would most likely indicate an error with FaceTime and not the Logitech Brio. (I have just re-checked mine and its all working fine)

Trying to update from 11.4 to 11.5.2 and having some little problems.

First trying to update from OC 0.6.9 to 0.7.2 using the HackinDROM approach in this thread, but HackinDROM thinks I am running an OC Beta (Hackintool reports as 0.6.9):

1630168940250.png

I suppose I could try to do the OS update with 0.6.9, but the recommendation here seems to be to update OC first.

Was also thinking to get around to changing boot drive from Catalina to Big Sur, tried that via Finder/Get Info/Name, but the change didn't port right over to the Data drive so I got scared and changed it back. Not sure if that was the cause, but now I have an Update folder in the Finder, did I do something to get that and/or what is it?

Like @CaseySJ I have separate system and data drives, in my Documents folder there is now a Library folder for which I do not have permissions, but in my home folder the Library is there and accessible. My Data drive grew a new folder with the offending Library folder, FYI (screenshot below). My Internet account settings all got turned off somehow, maybe booting to my backup drive did that, I dunno. So Mail, Calendar, all had no content, which was fixed by ticking appropriate boxes in the Internet Account Settings.

1630169262240.png

1630171556648.png

1630172043950.png

1630172189902.png

Unrelated to these, for the life of me I can't get an update to the UEFI boot order to stick. Not a big deal picking manually, but annoying. When I go into UEFI I change the boot order, then save and exit, and the change does not stick …

Attachments

• 1630172170780.png
    1630172170780.png
    87.4 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Back