Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

• Does the Brio work with FaceTime on a real Mac -- if you have access to one?: I just tried it and it works on a real mac
  • Is FaceTime itself activated? Are you able to make and receive audio calls?: Its activated and was able to make an audio facetime call to my work phone
  • Do you have a regular 1080p webcam? If so, does it work with FaceTime?: I only have the brio as webcam but it works on Zoom as mentioned prior.
Which USB port is the Brio connected to? Please refer to USB diagram here.

@CODYQX4 @Lukey1979

Both of you have or had a Logitech Brio 4K webcam. Did you try it with FaceTime?
I sold mine a year or two ago, and have never used FaceTime.

In other apps, I found the quality bad for what is a 4K camera, and it could be customized more in Windows. There was a glitchy app that could improve it in macOS in some cases that I can't remember the name of.

PS: I had all the same experience with a real iMac.

Last edited:
Upon reviewing another thread, it might be a DRM issue as mentioned below in another build thread below:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/success-big-sur-on-i9-10850k-z490m-gaming-x.310679/

Perhaps something I could change in my config.plist as well? Any suggestions? I noticed that I cant watch any trailers or free episodes on AppleTV.
For DRM in Mojave through Catalina, please see:

For Big Sur and newer, it may be best to switch to iMacPro1,1 or MacPro7,1

Blurry FaceTime: this probably isn't helpful, but prior to Catalina I used a legacy Firewire iSight camera (the one that was supported above the display by a flexible gooseneck). Prior to Mojave, it worked great. However, beginning with Mojave, the video was low-resolution in FaceTime but was clear in other apps (this was prior to the Zoom days). I never figured out what the issue was, and my problem went away when I learned that Catalina dropped support for the iSight microphone, and I relegated the iSight to the parts bin.

Am I being silly or is Bios--Apple SMBIOS in IOReg new with 11.5.2?

Out in California, brownouts and intentional power outages due to wildfires are just common, weekly occurences, especially this summer.
The Bay Area this year was spared from wildfire. Last August and September were horrible, but it's been a smooth season so far. The big fire this year -- the Dixie Fire -- is near Lassen National Park far north of Lake Tahoe.

Can someone help me! I recently updated OpenCore using HackinDROM to OpenCore 0.7.2 (I have already done it on previous updates with no problem), macOS works with no problem. But now, when I try to open Windows from the new boot loader, it goes to a black screen (to specify I have windows on a different SSD). I can still open Windows if I boot to it directly with no problem. How do I solve this issue?

Back