Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

I think something is amiss. If you are used HackinDROM 1.4.9 to build your EFI or @CaseySJ OC0.7.2 then you would already have DisableIOMapper unchecked as below.

View attachment 526387

I just completely recreated my OC0.7.2 EFI with HackinDROM 1.4.9 to be sure, and the above image is from that recreation. I'm not trying to be a jerk, but are you sure you're mounting the correct volume for your EFI?
Additional Note:
When we use Create EFI, Casey's or other admin's configuration is used to generate the config.plist
When we use Update OC then our own configuration is ported to the new config.plist
ex:
If you have DisableIOMapper checked in OC 0.7.1 it will be checked too in OC 0.7.2 after the update

Overclocking is not recommended for Macs (and even less for Hackintoshes)
If you still decide to overclock so my recommendation is to always control highest indicated temperature (here Package Temperature)

CPU will still work fine even at 95 degrees if it stays stable, but not sur if your OS will stay stable.
As you can see Apple Intel based Macs CPU's has always a little bit less frequency than OEM equivalent CPUs and I think there's probably a reason for that
Overclocked CPU, RAM, IGPU and GPU here. All working.

Additional Note:
When we use Create EFI, Casey's or other admin's configuration is used to generate the config.plist
When we use Update OC then our own configuration is ported to the new config.plist
ex:
If you have DisableIOMapper checked in OC 0.7.1 it will be checked too in OC 0.7.2 after the update
I’ll update the 0.7.2 mini-guides soon with this information.

I think something is amiss. If you are used HackinDROM 1.4.9 to build your EFI or @CaseySJ OC0.7.2 then you would already have DisableIOMapper unchecked as below.

View attachment 526387

I just completely recreated my OC0.7.2 EFI with HackinDROM 1.4.9 to be sure, and the above image is from that recreation. I'm not trying to be a jerk, but are you sure you're mounting the correct volume for your EFI?
Absolutely, the same one I’ve used for the last several OC updates and in fact the only EFI volume. I am quite familiar with the HackinDROM update process

Additional Note:
ex:
Thankyou @Inqnuam for that explanation, makes sense. Either way, I disabled 'DisableIOMapper', removed dart=0 from boot args, enabled VTD in bios and then rebooted, first boot into BigSur and everything was playing up, for example, top menu bar was only showing if I opened an application, Shutdown was not working, restart was not working and I had to manually power of the system. I turned power off to the PSU for about 5 mins and then powered the machine back up and all worked fine....... except...... my wifi indicator in the top menu bar had a line through it and I could not enable wifi.. Will this be caused by the AppleVTD or the corresponding settings?

I would really like to enable AppleVTD however not at the expense of wifi :)

Hopefully there is a simple solution to this :)

Thankyou @Inqnuam for that explanation, makes sense. Either way, I disabled 'DisableIOMapper', removed dart=0 from boot args, enabled VTD in bios and then rebooted, first boot into BigSur and everything was playing up, for example, top menu bar was only showing if I opened an application, Shutdown was not working, restart was not working and I had to manually power of the system. I turned power off to the PSU for about 5 mins and then powered the machine back up and all worked fine....... except...... my wifi indicator in the top menu bar had a line through it and I could not enable wifi.. Will this be caused by the AppleVTD or the corresponding settings?

I would really like to enable AppleVTD however not at the expense of wifi :)

Hopefully there is a simple solution to this :)
There are five things to check that are listed in the first 5 bullets of this post:

There are five things to check that are listed in the first 5 bullets of this post:
Thank you @CaseySJ, they were the exact 5 points I followed, although I never had to delete DMAR from the Delete section as it was never there in the first place. Also I didn't touch this (OpenCore --> Add SSDT-DMAR.aml (attached) to ACPI --> Add section as shown) as it was placed in the ACPI section automatically with the OC 0.7.2 update through HackinDROM

I hope all that made sense

Thank you @CaseySJ, they were the exact 5 points I followed, although I never had to delete DMAR from the Delete section as it was never there in the first place. Also I didn't touch this (OpenCore --> Add SSDT-DMAR.aml (attached) to ACPI --> Add section as shown) as it was placed in the ACPI section automatically with the OC 0.7.2 update through HackinDROM

I hope all that made sense
The original DMAR table must be deleted. In hindsight, I should have noted that upgrades to 0.7.2 should not be done through the upgrade mechanism of HackinDROM App because of the extra differences in config.plist.

It’s best to perform the upgrade using HackinDROM’s “Create EFI” function or to do it manually by downloading the EFI zip and transferring PlatformInfo credentials into the appropriate config.plist.

In your case, however, simply add the delete entry to ACPI section. If you download the EFI zip file from the mini-guide and look at config-AMD-GPU.plist, you will see how to add the Delete entry.

The original DMAR table must be deleted. In hindsight, I should have noted that upgrades to 0.7.2 should not be done through the upgrade mechanism of HackinDROM App because of the extra differences in config.plist.

It’s best to perform the upgrade using HackinDROM’s “Create EFI” function or to do it manually by downloading the EFI zip and transferring PlatformInfo credentials into the appropriate config.plist.

In your case, however, simply add the delete entry to ACPI section. If you download the EFI zip file from the mini-guide and look at config-AMD-GPU.plist, you will see how to add the Delete entry.
Thank you @CaseySJ, I will give this a go shortly :) Just confirming, with the deleting of the original DMAR, Do I type DMAR under Table Signature in OC Configurator or do I type the code <444D4152> as show if I open the config-AMD-GPU.plist file in a PLIST editor.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-08-06 at 7.39.27 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2021-08-06 at 7.39.27 pm.png
    78.3 KB · Views: 49
Back