Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Please close the app
Open Terminal and enter:
Code:
defaults delete Inqnuam.HackinDROM
Then relaunch the app and try again
I tried that. Afterwards HackinDROM crashes on launch.
Crashed Thread: 3 Dispatch queue: NSOperationQueue 0x7fad024068e0 (QOS: UNSPECIFIED) Exception Type: EXC_BAD_INSTRUCTION (SIGILL) Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000000000000 Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY Termination Signal: Illegal instruction: 4 Termination Reason: Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0x4 Terminating Process: exc handler [7470] Application Specific Information: BUG IN CLIENT OF LIBDISPATCH: Unbalanced call to dispatch_group_leave()

Hello sweet dudes, what BIOS is the recommended to have? I know that BIOS F9j is not optimal.

Thanks,
J

Hello sweet dudes, what BIOS is the recommended to have? I know that BIOS F9j is not optimal.

Thanks,
J
We recommend F9g and F9i, both of which are referenced here (top of post 1):

Screen Shot 2021-08-04 at 7.26.46 AM.png

Soooo....

for some reason my HackinDROM v1.4.8 is NOT seeing that there is an update available to OC 0.7.2; I'm currently on 0.7.1.

I exited HackinDROM and re-launched, but same thing. I have attached a screen shot.

I also just followed the procedure to clean-up my EFI and relocate backups to a different drive. Thanks for this!!

Anything I should try? Could this have anything to do with why my Hack still never sees available updates from Apple?

@Inqnuam Thanks for an AMAZING App! I've been using HackinDROM for a while now, and how could anyone NOT love and use it?! :clap:
v.1.4.9 works for me now. Check it out

Hi @CaseySJ,

Just a quick query with AppleVTD, I’m a little confused with how to enable this. Also in the mini guide for updating to OC 0.7.2, it shows the following:

I have updated to 0.7.2 using in-place HackinDROM and when looking at my settings it shows DisableIoMapper kernel quirk with a Tick (Does this mean its disabled or enabled) sorry this is probably a silly question.

With Apple VTD, to enable this, are the only actions as listed below or do I need to follow the instructions here? Enable AppleVTD with No Impact to WiFi and Ethernet

Changes to config.plist:
  • Support for AppleVTD:
    • Enabling AppleVTD allows greater number of Thunderbolt devices to connect, including (a) Antelope Audio Devices, (b) Apple Thunderbolt-to-Gigabit Ethernet adapter, etc.
    • DisableIoMapper kernel quirk has been disabled.
    • Standard DMAR table is being deleted and replaced with modified DMAR.
  • Your Action: You can still choose to enable to disable AppleVTD as follows:
    • BIOS Setup --> VT-d --> set to Enabled to enjoy the benefits of AppleVTD
    • BIOS Setup --> VT-d --> set to Disabled to turn off AppleVTD

Hey y'all, I've been tweaking some of my BIOS settings using the scientific method and found some interesting results. With the following settings config'd:
  • Wake on LAN = Disabled
  • Settings -> Platform Power -> Platform Power Management = Enabled
  • VTD = Enabled
And running the OC0.7.2 from @CaseySJ, my system is ROCK solid stable. My Hackintosh is my daily driver, and over the past 2+ years it's been really good (thanks entirely to this group) but the past few days have been amazing. Sleep, wake, unlock with AppleWatch, Handoff, Continuity, everything works perfectly. Now, I'm not suggesting my BIOS settings make any significant difference, just pointing out that they are working very well for me. Your mileage and stability my very.

As always thanks to @CaseySJ, @Inqnuam and everyone else who contributes here.

Please close the app
Open Terminal and enter:
Code:
As soon as I'm able, I will give this a try and let you know. Thanks!!!!

I have updated to 0.7.2 using in-place HackinDROM and when looking at my settings it shows DisableIoMapper kernel quirk with a Tick (Does this mean its disabled or enabled) sorry this is probably a silly question.
Tick = Enabled
in this case Disabling Input Output Mapper is enabled
For Apple VT-d you should disable (no tick) DisableIoMapper quirk

Also please note that during the update process HackinDROM App keeps your previous configuration as you have configured. Only new fields and/or not matching field types (ex: field x of type String becomes Boolean) will have Admin's configured values.
+ If x field's type of Old and New EFI are the same but OpenCore accepting values are not the same anymore, HackinDROM will try to put OpenCore's defined default value.
@CaseySJ

Please close the app
Open Terminal and enter:
Code:
Well, it cleared all my settings. Then it wouldn't let me choose Intel WiFi (Confirm button greyed out), so I was forced to select Broadcom in order to continue. Then it was saying something like OC Beta? for version and no update option. Then I think I unmounted, then when I Mounted again, it came up correct, OC 0.7.1, "Update to 0.7.2".
Oh yeah, prior to all this, HackinDROM had updated to v1.4.9, so all of this was done under this version.

THANKS @Inqnuam !!!

Back