Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Is anyone else unable to boot into Mojave with OC 072? My OC 071 EFI works with either with Mojave or Big Sur, but OC 072 will only boot Big Sur. NVRAM reset. Different OC 072 EFI's were tested with the same result.
What’s you secure boot model configuration? Disabled, auto, or another value?

A message from Acidenthara team:
“…To continue using Apple Secure Boot with older operating systems one will need to specify j137 in the SecureBootModel parameter, yet this value will not work with macOS 12. Similarly to Apple Secure Boot, APFS driver verification requirements were also bumped to macOS 11 and newer, and thus require one to change MinDate and MinVersion in the APFS section if older macOS versions need to be launched”

Last edited:
Screen Shot 2021-08-02 at 10.14.28 PM.png

Hi Casey,

Having updated to 0.7.2 I get an error message on Gigabyte splash screen:

OCS: No Schema for GraphicsInputMirroring at 2 index, context <AppleInput>!

The same error whether using HackinDROM or manual update.

Intel wireless EFI.

Last edited:
Hello @Stewie23,

Some questions:
  • Which version of macOS were you running when you converted from Clover to OpenCore? Mojave?
  • According to the Clover-to-OpenCore upgrade guide, the first thing we do after configuring the OpenCore EFI folder is to re-run Mojave. That tells us whether the EFI folder is set up correctly.
  • Were you able to do that?
hi @CaseySJ

I'm on Catalina 10.15.7

this is the issue I'm having, when I try to boot using openCore from my USB I get that error from my previous post. How ever the system boots fine when booting from the clover EFI on the systems Main SSD.

So the EFI folder I have on the USB is set up wrong. Please see attached both the Cover EFI and OpenCore EFI that I have. I have set the opencore EFI to use the intel wifi as well if that helps with any thing

Attachments

• Clover EFI.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 45
  • Opencore EFI.zip
    64 MB · Views: 50
For those who have older version of OS like Sierra, Mojave even Catalina and so on, here is a list with MinDate and MinVersion Infos on Acidanthera https://github.com/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg/blob/master/Include/Acidanthera/Library/OcApfsLib.h

OpenCore Configurator —> UEFI —> APFS can make those changes from a drop-down menu. Will make a note of this in the 0.7.2 mini-guide.

Let’s see if setting MinDate/MinVersion to Mojave is compatible with all subsequent versions of macOS. Current setting is “AUTO”.

Last edited:
Hi Casey,

Having updated to 0.7.2 I get an error message on Gigabyte splash screen:

OCS: No Schema for GraphicsInputMirroring at 2 index, context <AppleInput>!

The same error whether using HackinDROM or manual update.

Intel wireless EFI.
Will check this soon. I may have mistakenly used the 0.7.1 OpenCore.efi. If that file has a July date then it’s 0.7.1.

Update: That was indeed the problem. A fixed version has been posted to both the mini-guide and HackinDROM App.

Last edited:
Back