Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Hi all,
I am planning to build a new machine. As 5700xt is not available here I am going with RDNA 2 GPUs. Pls tell me which ones are currently supported.

Thanks a lot

Last edited:
Hi all,
I am planning to build a new machine. As 5700xt is not available here I am going with RDNA 2 GPUs. Pls tell me which ones are currently supported.

Thanks a lot
Please refer to this thread, particularly from the middle to the end:

[...]

Of some note. As others have reported after changing from iMac19,1 to iMacPro1,1 Geekbench shows an small but noticeable uplift in compute performance. Kinda interesting.

Curious! I recently swapped the other way and have the opposite experience. Ran a new Geekbench 5 Metal test just now and the result increased by quite a bit. Got around 74k on iMacPro1,1 and now around 82k.

Hi StefanAM, this firmware was dumped from a new Gigabtye GC-Alpine Ridge Rev 2.0?

** Apple Thunderbolt Display and LG UltraFine Thunderbolt Volunteers Wanted **

Update 7 JUL 2021:
Due to data collection procedure being a bit complicated, we have switched to Plan B.
More information in 2-3 weeks.​
Any news on this? I suspect it will be helpful for those of us dualbooting macOS with other operating systems, especially when cold booting.

Last edited:
Hi all,

I'm having some shutdown issues since OpenCore 0.6.7 or so. When I shutdown my machine just restarts. Is there a flag/checkbox in Opencore Config to work around such an issue?
Because this implies that OpenCore 0.6.7 was working and newer versions are the reason why shutdown is not working, I always advise people to double-check the assertion, as follows:
  • Boot the system from an OpenCore 0.6.7 EFI folder. We can use a USB flash disk for this purpose. The OpenCore 0.6.7 EFI folder should of course be copied to the EFI partition on the USB flash disk. Then we boot the system and press F12 at BIOS Splash Screen to open the BIOS Boot Menu, and select the USB flash disk.
  • After macOS boots up, try Shutdown to see if the system does in fact shut down.
  • If the system shuts down properly with OC 0.6.7, but not with OC 0.7.1 (assuming you are running 0.7.1 now), please let us know.

Any news on this? I suspect it will be helpful for those of us dualbooting macOS with other operating systems, especially when cold booting.
@Elias64Fr has been working behind the scenes on this. We cannot of course make any promises, but we'll certainly post updates on our progress.

Back