Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Your config.plist and presumably the EFI folder are significantly different from what we prescribe in this build thread. This does not mean your configuration is wrong; it just means that you are ultimately responsible for ensuring that you have an optimal configuration for your needs.

There is one problem shown below that affects USB port map:
View attachment 525213

After updating to 11.5, it appears everything works now along with the wifi and USB.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-07-23 at 4.03.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-23 at 4.03.09 PM.png
    66.1 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
For hackintosh what is the need to turn TPM off? With windows 11 it requires TPM on to install and wondering if I can leave it on as Mac OS seems to boot fine with it left on?

For hackintosh what is the need to turn TPM off? With windows 11 it requires TPM on to install and wondering if I can leave it on as Mac OS seems to boot fine with it left on?
You can leave TPM on just fine! Works great here, as I also have windows 11 installed on another ssd for dual boot purposes. It doesn’t influence macOS as far as I can see.

Your config.plist and presumably the EFI folder are significantly different from what we prescribe in this build thread. This does not mean your configuration is wrong; it just means that you are ultimately responsible for ensuring that you have an optimal configuration for your needs.
There is one problem shown below that affects USB port map:
View attachment 525213
After the install of 11.5 everything was normal but now i’m experiencing spontaneous freezing after casual use i.e internet browsing. Would this be attributed to a possible kext or something in the config.plist? I’m thinking it could be when I had changed the XHCI port limit to false. It was even freezing whilst a clean install of 11.5.

Attachments

• 9983467A-448A-4A98-8674-C5FFDB1D8320.jpeg
    9983467A-448A-4A98-8674-C5FFDB1D8320.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 35
  • CAC14550-B9B0-4636-8AF5-301CFD1C37AD.jpeg
    CAC14550-B9B0-4636-8AF5-301CFD1C37AD.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 36
Last edited:

After the install of 11.5 everything was normal but now i’m experiencing spontaneous freezing after casual use i.e internet browsing. Would this be attributed to a possible kext or something in the config.plist? I’m thinking it could be when I had changed the XHCI port limit to false. It was even freezing whilst a clean install of 11.5.
Have you tried the OpenCore EFI folder provided in this guide (in the OpenCore 0.7.1 mini-guide)?

I went over your guide and will use the provided EFI folder, I have made some adjustments and removed opencanopy as I do not need it. Let me know if anything else needs to be changed besides the serial information.

Attachments

• config-Intel-iGPU.plist
    27.5 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Hello Team

Need suggestion in regard to motherboard as my Z390 Designare motherboard got damaged. It's not functional anymore. Please suggest to me a similar motherboard so that I can run the hackintosh easily. Please suggest on urgent basis.

Looking for some budget motherboard.

Hello Team

Need suggestion in regard to motherboard as my Z390 Designare motherboard got damaged. It's not functional anymore. Please suggest to me a similar motherboard so that I can run the hackintosh easily. Please suggest on urgent basis.

Looking for some budget motherboard.
If you want to stay with a Gigabyte Z390, the cheapest version that I see on Amazon's US site is the Gigabyte Z390 UD, at $109. It doesn't have onboard Thunderbolt. It looks like it has 4 memory slots, 1 Ethernet port, 6 rear USB3 ports, and 1 each internal USB3 and USB2 header.

Looking for some budget motherboard
Amazon still has new Z390 boards from Gigabyte. $110 USD is a good deal.

Aorus Pro Wifi adds another 100 dollars to the price.

Amazon still has new Z390 boards from Gigabyte. $110 USD is a good deal.

Aorus Pro Wifi adds another 100 dollars to the price.

Gigabyte z390 Aorus Ultra Atx please suggest

Back