Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Hello brousseau

Regarding the External HDD If I try to access any file Mac is taking so much time to access the file on drive and on one the drive its showing the folder and everything but can't open it seems like folders and files are not completely copied. Sharing the screenshot for the same.

Thanks
Is it one of the two USB drives shown on your desktop? Two 5tb drives.

Could you test it on your Z97X build to be sure that’s not a drive slowly dying?

Just for fun (and in the event I switch from Mojave if needed only, ie, not now!), I’ve created an EFI bootable OC 7.1 as a test. BTW, thanks @CaseySJ as the work I had to do was minimal as you already did it for us!

Result:

- flawless except a few things I had to correct regarding Windows 10: no way to insert some patches, mainly PEGP to GFX0 (instant BSOD) because WhateverGreen is a no go for me, instant iTunes crash!
The solution I found about WG and iTunes crashing, « shikigva=32 shiki-id=Mac-7BA5B2D9E42DDD94 », is counterintuitive as I’m already running with iMacPro 1,1??
Anyways, I don’t see any difference with the RX560 located at PEGP or GFX0 performance wise.

- no need to enter the CPU frequency (anyway, it couldn’t be done if I’m not mistaken). In Clover, it’s mandatory for Native Instruments (Native Access) to work properly.

- all softs (audio plugins, etc…) authorized without a hitch as I transferred carefully the important bits from Clover (serial, etc…). iMessage and al too…

- I customized (removed or added) some kext or SSDT’s and it was a breeze with OC Configurator.

I’ve gone back to my trusty Clover 5099 as there is a rule with an Audio Workstation: « if ain’t broken, don’t fix it ».

However, I now have the latitude to move forward in the case I ever need it.

Thanks for this wonderful thread, it makes it easy!

Last edited:
Is it one of the two USB drives shown on your desktop? Two 5tb drives.

Could you test it on your Z97X build to be sure that’s not a drive slowly dying?
Hello brousseau

I recently got the drive replaced from the vendor under warranty and even after the replacement its doing the same thing and I don't have and access to Z97x Machine right now that is at the different location and that too far from my place around 900 KM away. If I use the same drive in windows OS its working fine its only with Mac. I even tried the drive with my MacBook Pro no changes there also it's a same.

I've seen this in Mojave. I'm not sure what's going on, but when this happens, I consider the copy to be invalid. I then delete the "ghost" items, empty the trash, and try again.
As per my knowledge its like the data is not copied properly and that why its like a ghost data and @jiffyslot its working fine in Windows and Linux Operating System but I am unable to access the data on my Hackintosh

I checked my System Information -> Thunderbolt/USB4: "No drivers are loaded", can someone please help? Thanks!

As per my knowledge its like the data is not copied properly and that why its like a ghost data and @jiffyslot its working fine in Windows and Linux Operating System but I am unable to access the data on my Hackintosh
Is this on Big Sur or Mojave?

I checked my System Information -> Thunderbolt/USB4: "No drivers are loaded", can someone please help? Thanks!
Do I need to flash Thunderbolt firmware in order to use my device? If yes, can you please guide me with easiest way? Thanks in advance.

My recently-installed dual RX-580 setup "worked" but it was of no observable benefit, so I removed the second GPU and flipped the BIOS switch from "Gaming to "Compute" on the remaining RX-580. It was worth a try.

Attachments

• 2 GPU HEVC encode 1 of 2.png
    2 GPU HEVC encode 1 of 2.png
    429.1 KB · Views: 55
  • 2 GPU HEVC encode 2 of 2.png
    2 GPU HEVC encode 2 of 2.png
    225.2 KB · Views: 59
  • Single GPU HEVC encode_@nd GPU physically removed.png
    Single GPU HEVC encode_@nd GPU physically removed.png
    87.7 KB · Views: 62
Back